A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Friday 24 October 2014

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream Review




I do love Body Shop, they have so many nice products and the company has great values too. The other day I went in for a browse and was in need of a new day cream. I have always struggled with oily skin along my t-zone, and I have to powder my face countless times throughout the day to keep my skin looking matte! I can't even touch a product labelled "dewy" or my skin will be so shiny it's basically reflective! But I also have the issue that if I wear too light of a moisturiser, my skin feels tight and uncomfortable!

But have I found a miracle product?

The claim:

"This oil-free, gel-like moisture cream is easily absorbed and perfect for combination skin.
  • Moisturises dry areas
  • Balances excess sebum
  • Gives a matte, shine-free complexion"
I normally shy away from gel moisturisers, but I actually love the texture of this face cream. It does exactly what it says on the tin. It moisturises my skin but also leaves it looking matte all day. I only have to reapply powder once! My skin doesn't feel tight when I've applied it either and it absorbs really quickly, meaning that I don't have to wait too long before applying makeup. I quite like the seaweed smell too!

This product is very affordable too, it's only £11 and I managed to get 40% off as Body Shop always have great offers on!

Honestly I can't reccommend this product enough. In my eyes it's so much better than Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturiser (and a fraction of the price too!). I think I finally have my skin routine down to a T. I use The Body Shop's Vitamin E Serum (review here) and Vitamin E Moisturiser at night (mentioned in a post here) which I believe nourishes my skin so much at night that I'm okay to use a light cream in the day. 

You can find the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream here!

Do any of you struggle with oily skin? If so how do you combat it? I'd love to know!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig