A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Thursday 29 January 2015

Elliot Rose Apothecary Haul and Review

This is going to be a two for the price of one kinda post today! Before Christmas I visited Elliot Rose Apothecary in Bakewell. This is an individual business and one of my favourite shops. You can read about my first visit to Elliot Rose Apothecary and see some more photos of the inside of the shop here. As you can probably tell by the photos, this post is a little late! But I had a lot of posts to write over Christmas and the lovely Joe from Elliot Rose kindly sent me some tea to try (and you know how much I love tea!) so I decided to wait and write about the Christmas haul and review the tea in one post.



Of course, as it was Christmas I had to pick up some festive goodies! I purchased a lovely bath bomb called "Chilly Millie", a gingerbread man bath bomb and this adorable little ice cream with a robin perched on top. I have since used them all, and I was very impressed! Firstly they all smelt amazing, especially the ice cream, it smelt sweet like a strawberry smoothie! The gingerbread man made my bath all nice and pink and glittery, and I think it was my favourite. I also purchased this Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh candle. I can't really imagine what these scents are meant to smell like, as they aren't really scents are they?! But the candle smelt nice and made me feel festive!

I also picked up some Pukka teas! I bought some of these last time so had an idea of my favourites. I picked out a wide range of flavours, but I particularly like their Three Fennel and After Dinner flavours. I love how at Elliot Rose they let you fill a box with 20 different teas, so you get to try a wide range and see which ones you like! Such a good idea, it's like Pick n' Mix only with tea!

Moving on to what Joe sent me to try. He sent me a few of the teapigs' teas to have a go with. Tung Ting oolong, Roobios Creme Caramel, Silver Tips White Tea, Jasmine Pearls, Peppermint Leaves, Yerba Mate and Chai Tea.

I'm yet to try them all, as I'm still getting through my Pukka ones and I like to save nice teas for nights when I feel like a treat! How exciting is my life? but as you can see I drank the White Tea straight away, as I love white tea, and this one was amazing! I can't explain the taste, but to me it just smells amazing and I would drink it when I want to relax. I am yet to try the Oolong tea, but Joe tells me it is a cross between black and green tea, which sounds perfect to me. Roobios is said to have good health benefits and is caffeine free, which is good if you're trying to replace regular tea and coffee. Jasmine tea is a green tea that has been rolled in jasmine, I'm a bit apprehensive about trying this one so I'll probably try that last! I've tried the Peppermint Tea, and was actually surprised to say it was a bit too much for me! I usually love Peppermint Tea, but this one was a bit like drinking toothpaste! I think I'm going to stick to my Asda home brand! Yerba mate is known for its health benefits, and according to Joe is used by Bootea Teatox, and it's just tea! I'm excited to try this one. Chai Tea - I haven't tried this one but I've tried Chai Tea before and wasn't that struck on it so we will see if this one changes my mind. 


Joe also sent me over one of their loose green teas to try, and he's currently working on his own for the shop, how exciting! I can't wait to try these! Now I'll just say I've never used a tea strainer before!! So this was a new thing for me, and I found it quite difficult to work at first, I'm not sure how's the best way to use it and I seemed to get tea leaves everywhere! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. But once the tea was in the strainer and had done it's thing, the flavour was amazing and it was the best green tea I've tried, and I think if you have a little more time it's definitely worth using loose tea. 

Elliot Rose Apothecary is located in Bakewell, and if you ever visit Bakewell I would definitely pop in for a browse! They also have their own website now, which you can order things from, which makes it a lot easier if you're not local. You can visit their website here.

I can't wait to visit Elliot Rose again myself, it's a little haven filled with candles, bath stuff and teas! My favourite things!

*Disclaimer, this post was not sponsored, but I was sent some of the teas to try and I decided I wanted to review them.
Share:

28 comments

  1. Replies
    1. They are aren't they :) Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  2. I really need to try these bombs everyone is talking about them but I still haven't found them. Love that mug as well :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good! Haha my friend bought me the mug :)

      Delete
  3. Nice post! Really enjoyed it :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Those teas look so cute I want to try them all! :)

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried most of them now, I'd definitely recommend the White Tea and Tung Ting Oolong! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow it looks like you got some really cute things!! :) always love a candle!! The festive items look so cute. :)
    Marianne x
    www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :) Me too, you can't go wrong getting me a candle! x

      Delete
  6. wow ! so many cute things !!!! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss al the festive items! They look so cute! I hope you enjoy those teas too :) x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss festive items too! I love those more than Christmas haha :( Thanks, I've tried most now, they were so good xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous post, I'd love to try those bathbombs. Also thankyou for following me, love your blog! :)

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good :) You're welcome and thanks! :) x

      Delete
  9. Oh that tea collection! Funny thing is, I would have gone for the white tea too. Straight away. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bath bombs are so cute! Some of that tea sounds like it would be lovely!

    Becky, xx // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of those bath bombs... a must for this Christmas i think <3 xxx

    KirstyLeigh // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'll definitely be going back next Christmas! :) xx

      Delete
  12. I have heard so many good things about Teapigs recently, especially the licorice flavoured one. Yet I have never tried any of them. Next time I buy some tea, it will definitely be my first choice.
    It sounds like agreat deal to fill your box with 20 different flavoured teas. That's definitely a good idea. Hmm would love to givethem a visit but its a long drive away from London. xx Dandy I www.dandelionblue.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo I really want to try liquorice tea! I've heard it's nice :) It is a good idea, that's my favourite part! Try it if you're ever in the area I guess :) xx

      Delete
  13. Those bath bombs look so cute! I've never tried teapigs tea before - loose tea always tastes so much better! Quite time consuming though. Lovely post x

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree loose tea is good but we don't always have time for that haha! Teapigs are worth trying though, I've really enjoyed them :) Thanks! xx

      Delete
  14. The bath bombs look so lovely, they're making me miss Christmas already! TeaPigs make wonderful tea, I'm a big fan of the fruity ones. We sell the brand in the cafe I work in so I've tried quite a few. Just a warning, prepare yourself for Yerba Mate it's... interesting. It tastes a little like green tea mixed with tobacco! I bet it's great for your health though!

    Becki | beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love festive things haha. oo that's good then! I'd definitely like to try more :) I had Yerba Mate for the first time today, I actually really enjoyed it! It reminded me of the Tiny Tea I had! xx

      Delete
  15. Currently envying you for you tea collection huhu </3 But I really like the idea of the Pukka teas! I wish we had them here

    BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig