A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 3 January 2015

New Years Eve: 1980s Party Look

80s look
First up I apologise for my poor quality outfit photos, I didn't have time to set up my tripod so you'll have to make do with my instagram photo! 

This year for New Years Eve (also my 22nd birthday, I'm feeling twenty twoooo!) my best friend decided to host an 80's themed party. So we all went for the stereotypical 80's workout class look! I'm pretty impressed with my outfit if I don't say so myself. The lime green cycle shorts (never thought I'd be writing that I own a pair of these..) were from Ebay. They're actually an age 13-14, but they fit like a size 10/12. The tutu is also off Ebay, it came in a set with gloves and other things for a really cheap price (I think they're made for charity races etc.) but I forgot to wear the long, pink gloves for these photos! The leotard I just got from New Look a couple of years ago as I like to wear it with high waisted skirt. My scrunchy is also from New Look!

80s makeup
For my makeup I had a lot of fun with my new Urban Decay Vice palette! These photos really don't do it justice.. Poor lighting at nighttime! I used a pink colour (Alien) all over my lids, then a purple colour (Alchemy) which I blended into a blue colour (Freeze) which I put on the outer half of my eyes. I then put a dark purple (Bondage) in the crease to smoke it up. I just put a white shimmery colour (Bobby Dazzle) on the inner corners to make my eyes pop. I smudged these colours in the same order just under my waterline. I then applied my Loreal liquid liner in a cat eye flick and applied my Eyelure eyelashes. For my eyebrows I used Benefit Browzings (review here). I'm also wearing my new Benefit Brows! Anyone want a review of their brow arch wax and tint? 

80s makeup tutorial
On the rest of my face I'm wearing my usual Revlon Colorstay Foundation, MAC pro longwear concealer, Benefit bronzer in Hoola, MAC blusher in Springsheen, and I never thought I'd use this but on my lips I'm wearing Playboy lipstick in Bubblegum Pink. I received that in my Blogger Programme goody bag which you can read about here. I was actually quite impressed with how it went on and looked! I'm not much of a pink lipstick girl usually.

80s makeup
For my hair I plaited it a few hours before the do in lots of small braids, I then had the fun of taking them all out! I got the desired effect though, after some back-combing it was satisfactorily hugeeee and 80s worthy! I then put half of it up (messily) in a scrunchy! Done!

I really enjoyed creating this look! And I had a great night too! I hope you guys all enjoyed your New Years Eves', what did you do?
Share:

12 comments

  1. Love your outfit!
    It makes me smile ;)

    xx

    Curvybird.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look, your make-up looks flawless! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome bike shorts - love the 80s!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit, must have been so much fun to dress up like that. AND have your birthday on NYE! You're such a beauty :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it was so much fun to create! Haha the birthday is both good and bad! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. Your eyelashes look amazing and you've totally nailed the 80's workout look!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think the eyelashes are my new fav! x

      Delete
  6. Wow those eyelashes look incredible and not over the top either! You did well with your outfit, I hope you had a great night! xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I really like them! Eyelure :) I did thanks hope your NYE was good too! xx

      Delete
  7. Love the tutu and your eyes, wow!! xx

    http://www.aimeesuexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig