A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Max Factor Crème Puff Powder Review

pressed powder review
I know a lot of people don't like powders, but personally I swear by them. I have a really oily t-zone so setting my foundation with a good powder is essential! I also like to reapply throughout the day to keep my skin looking matte. The dewy look is not for me! I bought Max Factor's Crème Puff Pressed Powder over Christmas as there was an offer where if you spent so much on Max Factor you got a free gift set, so I thought I may as well try their powder as my usual Maybelline had run out!

max factor pressed powder

max factor pressed powder review
The Powder comes in a pressed form. The packaging is neat and slim (easy to fit in my bag) which I like. However I am missing the mirror you often get in compact style powders, as it means I have to carry around a separate mirror in my bag if I just want to check my lippy! Also the sponge isn't great, I prefer the typical powder puff. Of course at home I would use a large brush to apply, but I try not to carry around much makeup with me as it weighs my bag down. 


medium beige powder
Max Factor Claims that the product gives a medium to high coverage and can be used for all skin types and gives a flawless matte finish. I would agree with this.

In terms of the powder its self, I went for Medium Beige which is perfect for my skin tone. It applies flawlessly and sets my makeup really well and lasts a good few hours before I have to reapply (and this is only because my skin is so oily!) But as you can tell from the photo above, it provides a lovely matte finish, and if you like that look as I do, that's perfect. No oil in site on this face!! The only thing I dislike about the product is that it does have a very strong powdery smell, and whilst I know some people love this smell, I can't help but think it reminds me of old ladies! It's a little overpowering. 

I rate Max Factor's Pressed Powder with:

Packaging: 2
Product: 4
Value for money: 5
Overall: 3.5

I would buy this product again, it's good value for money but you can tell that Max Factor have cut costs with the packaging, but for £5.99 for a good powder I guess you can't argue. This powder is available from Boots here.

Do you use powder? If so which is your favourite?
Share:

5 comments

  1. That's first pressed powder I've ever bought and I still repurchase it sometimes. It's not the best for its price but it's okay for days when you're in rush and you just need few products to look acceptable :)

    citybuiltofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I think it's one of those products that does the job but isn't amazing! Thanks for commenting :) x

      Delete
  2. I used to love this powder when I was younger! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig