A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Revlon Colorstay Concealer Review

revlon colorstay concealerWhen I was in America I couldn't find my go to Collection 2000 concealer (not sure if they stock the brand there) but Revlon's Colorstay Concealer was available and it looked pretty similar and I do love their Colorstay Foundation, so I though I'd give it a go! 

revlon concealer review
When I put on the concealer all seemed well, the colour matched my skin perfectly, it blended easily and concealed my shadows under my eyes and any redness. However this product does not wear nearly as well as the Collection 2000 concealer. Throughout the day it seemed to smear and crease easily under my eyes. The product didn't stay put very well and seemed quite oily. I decided quite quickly that I didn't get on with it well. I had to apply a lot of powder on top to get it to set, but it still seemed to move throughout the day. The product claims to provide a flawless look for up to 24 hours, I disagree with that statement! 

revlon concealer
Revlon Colorstay is available for £6.99 at  Boots, but Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection is available  at only £3.99. I know which I'm going to go for next time! I've already repurchased Collection 2000 favourite. I will write a full review on it soon! I've given Revlon Colorstay Concealer the following ratings:

Product: 2
Lasting Ability: 2
Packaging: 4
Value For Money: 2
Overall: 2.5

What's your favourite drugstore concealer?
Share:

14 comments

  1. We don't have collection products here but i've been wanting to try that concealer! If i'm ever in the UK i'll be sure to stock up :P great review doll! :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh the collection ones are really good! haha you will :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been looking for a new concealor, will have to try this one out!


    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one isn't great! Try the Collection one I recommended :)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds just dandy. I really need a good concealer.

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said in the review, this one isn't that good, I'd try the Collection one I recommended :)

      Delete
  5. I love the collection concealer too and it's probably always going to be in my makeup bag. It's a shame that this one isn't good though because I love the colour stay foundation!

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I love colorstay foundation but the concealer just isn't as good!

      Delete
  6. Great review, Becca! It seems that is not actually a great product. Thanks for sharing!
    xx

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried this and I agree it's not as good as the collection 2000 ones. I'm yet to try a concealer that is as good as that one x
    Danielle ||Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mines 'Hide the Blemish Concealer' by Rimmel, I love Rimmel, I only used products by max factor and Rimmel.

    Meme xx

    Latest Post out now:
    'Not Another Book Haul//Amazon Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before I use Rimmel concealer ( so in love with this brands) but now i use Naked skin concealer :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually couldn't live without a concealer... I continually try new ones. Right now I have a roll on that looks like nude lipstick by Almay I THINK!! But I'm loving it.

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the review. I'm always tempted to try new products but it's for this reason that I don't steer away from ones I know definitely do the job. It's so good that your favourite also happens to be wonderfully priced too! Def stick with Collection 2000! xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig