A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 4 April 2015

Urban Decay Vice 3 Review


urban decay vice 3 palette review
"Ahh isn't it beautiful?" My first thoughts! I actually got this palette back in December for Christmas, but I wanted to have a really good play around with it before I reviewed it. I feel like I really know this palette now, and as Urban Decay never disappoint in the eyeshadow department, I have a lot of good things to say about Vice 3.

urban decay vice 3 palette review

urban decay vice 3 palette review
How gorgeous is the packaging to start with? It's typical Urban Decay, bright and beautiful! I love how it comes with the zip-up case too, too protect all those beautiful shadows. The only thing I dislike about the packaging is that the shiny case gets my fingerprints all over it whenever I touch it!

urban decay vice 3 palette review
Here are all the shades, I'm not going to list them all because you can clearly see the names. Vice 3 features a mixture of mattes and shimmers. The first vertical row are very similar to the shades you'll find in the Naked Basics palettes, and they are great for either blending the other colours in the palette or wearing alone for a natural look. I think what's great about the palette is that each vertical or horizontal row can be worn together really. It's a good challenge to wear all of the shades in a row and see what look you can make! I think a lot of these shades can be worn together, the only ones you wouldn't be able to wear as easy are Dragon and Freeze. But I have worn Freeze a few times now. 
I think my favourite shades are Truth, Heroine, Sonic and Last Sin (which I hope isn't the last Sin!) Sonic might seem like a difficult colour to wear, but it looks great blended into the crease on a brown smoky eye. I will have to do a tutorial for it :).


urban decay vice 3 palette review
Vice 3 also features a large mirror which is very helpful. I haven't actually used the brush much and don't like it as much as the Naked palette brushes, but Urban Decay's brushes are always good quality and I appreciate that they don't include those useless foam ones that I always throw away!


urban decay vice 3 palette review
In terms of how the colours go on, they are very pigmented and if worn over a primer go on even better. They last all day and blend so easily. I swear by Urban Decay eyeshadows though and have all three Nakeds so I wouldn't have expected any less. Although this palette is quite big, it is a lot less bulky than my Book of Shadows Volume II which I got years ago, so Urban decay have improved their designs through the years. It's definitely worth buying if you want some new colours to play with, with which you can create a range of diverse looks, from natural to very colourful. I honestly think I will use all of these shades at one time or another, I can't get enough of it! I usually tend to have my favourites for a while and then swap to new favourites as I continue to experiment.


urban decay vice 3 palette review


urban decay vice 3 palette review
Here are a couple of my favourite looks that I have created using Urban Decay's Vice 3. The top one is a simple brown smokey eye using Last Sin, Angel, Defy and Bobby Dazzle. The second look (my current favourite!) was created using Last Sin, Heroine, Revolver, and a light touch of Lucky on the middle of my eyelid. 

Urban Decay Vice 3 is available at Debenhams for £42.

Just incase you wondered:
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Centre of Attention
L'Oreal Superliner Black (second photo)

Packaging: 4
Product: 5
Value for Money: 4
Overall: 4.5

Have you tried Urban Decay Vice 3? If so what did you think?!
Share:

26 comments

  1. Your makeup looks flawless, as always. A lot of people love this palette, but I prefer neutral colours, so it`s not really for me. I must admit though, the shades look fantastic and would be perfect for someone who loves to play with colour.

    http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeh I agree, it's not for everyone but I wouldn't let the bright colours put you off, they are all wearable if worn the right way :) It is nice to have a play with though! x

      Delete
  2. These colours are amazing! Love the revolver and sonic shades. great review, you look great wearing them! Rebecca | Rebecca Marie: UK Lifestyle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonic is one of my favourites too! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  3. Your makeup is just flawless. The eye shadows you chose to pair looks beautiful, too! With palettes like this it's always difficult for me to choose which eye shadows to put together, because I want to try them all!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's a fun game though to try different ones though isn't it! Sometimes they don't turn out so good :P xx

      Delete
  4. I love Urban Decay palettes and this one is sooo beautiful! I love all of the shades in this palette and the looks you created are amazing! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, the palette is sooo beautiful! I do like how diverse the palette is, and how every color can compliment every other. I want to buy it but money doesn't grow on trees....hahaha

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I also got it 10% off when there was an offer at Debenhams! It's the kind of thing that will last you a while though! :) The colours are amazing xx

      Delete
  6. ahh this is just beautiful, Love all the colours even though I don't usually go for such bright colours, your makeup looks stunning :)

    SleepyHeaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's always fun to just to try them out! :) x

      Delete
  7. This looks so pretty,I'd be spoilt for choice everyday haha. You're really good at eye makeup, I definitely need to spend some more time looking at tutorials!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's the fun of it! :) Thank you! I used to watch a lot when I was younger :) x

      Delete
  8. Those colours look amazing. You also look so stunning. I wish I could do my make up as well as you can!

    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) I just watch a lot of youtube tutorials! :) xx

      Delete
  9. This is such a stunning palette. I love all the purple and plum tones!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I think that will be the next look I try! :) x

      Delete
  10. Great review!
    The palette looks amazing!!
    I also love your header!
    Lots of love, Hannah x

    http://wrappedinmauve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And thank you, I need to update it really though haha! x

      Delete
  11. Lovely! Thank you for sharing this to us. Hope you have an awesome Wednesday!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous palette! I love the range of shades!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig