A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 28 February 2015

February Summary

February is nearly always my least favourite month of the year. It's bitterly cold, summer seems so far away and Christmas feels like a distant dream. But for saying I never really enjoy February, this one hasn't been too bad!

I've decided to write these posts mainly because I think they will be nice for me to look back on in the future, and it's also a nice way to look back at the month and see what I've actually done, as sometimes the months just seem to merge together and I don't even know what I've done with that time!

First off, Eastenders! Who killed Lucy?! We all know now! I hadn't watched it in five years but I had to tune in for that one!

This month I've worked nearly full time as there was overtime up for grabs (yay!) but I had a week off too at the start of the month which I really enjoyed!

I've been really good at going to the gym this month, I feel like I finally have a routine down and I am enjoying going. I'm still getting my eating on track (we've had Valentines Day and Pancake Day this month, obviously there were some naughty treats involved!) I also did a 6.5 miles (10.5 km) run with my friend last week! We were really proud of ourselves because we hadn't been running in a while and we didn't think we would be able to run that far! Just double that and then I'm ready for the half marathon...

Speaking of healthy eating, I've tried out a few new recipes this month (nothing too fancy) but I'm really trying to eat more roasted veggies and sweet potato. I also ordered some coconut oil and agave syrup which arrived the other day, which will mean I can bake some healthy goodies!

Blogging-wise, I've been quite good at posting this month, I've been writing and scheduling two posts a week, one a review usually and the other anything else that I feel like posting really! 

One of my best friends also asked me to be a bridesmaid for her in 2016! How exciting! You can check her blog out here.

I actually ended up having a date on Valentine's Day! Even though I wrote this post. It was nice to have good company and a meal cooked for me!

I haven't done much this month because I've been pretty skint after buying my new laptop which I bought at the beginning of February. I've been really good and haven't bought any new clothes or anything! Just hibernated and been to the gym really!

So what have I been loving this month? I haven't tried any new beauty products, but I've been loving Max Factor Flawless Perfection Blusher in Classic Rose (review coming soon!) I also can't get enough of Crabtree & Evelyn Spiced Ginger Hand Therapy Cream (a random one, I know!) I received this at the Blogger Secret Santa Meet Up in November. I've been loving my Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette too! It's so versatile! 

Other non-beauty related things I've been loving are:
My new Macbook Pro! I basically spent all my wages on it.. But I needed it and I love it so much! Broadchurch is what I've been loving on the telly! And I'm so happy that there's going to be a season 3! The gym, really getting into fitness again and I'm loving feeling stronger! Roasted veggies (can't get enough of them at the moment!)

That's it really! where has February gone?!

What you can expect from my blog in March.. 
I have a couple of reviews scheduled already! I have a lot of posts that I have planned to write, so we shall see which ones I manage to put together next month! I would like to post at least one post that's fitness/health related, maybe a healthy recipe or I might post my workout regime, I'll see what I can come up with!

And here's what I posted on Instagram this February!

February Summary
1. Googling salad recipes on my week off!
2. This is one of the salad recipes, roasted sweet potato and a greater courgette, super easy!
3. A photo I took in New York in September 2014. Reminiscing!
4. How my friend asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! How cute?!
5. I think my parents felt sorry for me being single on Valentines day so they bought me some presents! So lovely!
6. The gardens at my gym, beautiful.
7. Yummy lunch to substitute my craving for cheese on toast!
8. Wrapped up in blankets with a cuppa watching The Little Mermaid after my long run. 
9. Off to see Fifty Shades of Grey! I thought it was alright actually, I liked how the whole thing was composed.

To end my February, tonight I am off to Sheffield to have a night out with the uni lot, which should be fun!


How was your February?
Share:

12 comments

  1. Such a cute idea for a post and by the way your photography is amazing!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://halesaaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a great month! & You will make a fab bridesmaid too!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been alright as far as February's go! :) Thanks I hope so!

      Delete
  3. I loved this post so much, I kept on smiling as I read haha. You have a lovely writing style! and Im glad you've had a great month!
    Bethany x


    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always worry about my writing style so I'm happy you think that :) Thanks, hope yours was good too! xx

      Delete
  4. Mine was so busy I can't believe it's already over! But I finally managed to get my bedroom decorated so I'm happy, it's been an okay Feb! Sounds like yours has been a hoot :)

    Kay xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Scary isn't it? oo that's good! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love it but it did cost me a small fortune! haha no clothes for a while.. x

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your run! When is your half? I'm doing one in May.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The dates haven't gone up yet but it should be September/October :) oo good luck!! x

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig