A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Sunday 5 October 2014

My American Summer: Part Three - Travelling the East Coast

This summer after working at an American summer camp I went travelling and a friend and I decided to go on two treks. The second trek I went on was called American BLT, lasted two weeks and went from Miami to New York and I booked with Trek America through STA. This trek was all hotels and hostels, the best hotels seemed to be at the start, then they gradually got worse! It would have been better the other way around! I didn't feel the group bonded as much as we all did on the first tour, as it was a mixture of males and females but the age range was much greater. Also the trek leader wasn't as enthusiastic. But it was still a great trek and we got to see a wide range of places.

The highlights of the trip for me were Orlando, Panama City Beach, New Orleans and Nashville. At Orlando there was the opportunity to do a theme park, Panama City Beach had the most gorgeous beach I'd ever seen and I got in a full day of sunbathing! New Orleans was just crazy and I loved the creepy history behind the place, we went on a great ghost tour and the strip was a good place to go out at night. Nashville really surprised me as I wasn't expecting much! It was really lively at night and had an amazing strip to party on! And of course everyone was dressed in cowboy boots and hats, so fun! Also I should mention that we drove straight out of Miami so I didn't see much of that, and you don't have a night in New York so you have to book extra time there if you want to see it! We had booked five days there before we flew home so we got to see a lot.


Diagon Alley in Universal Studios!



Number 12 Grimauld Place!




On route to New Orleans



The famous Bourbon Street



View from our hotel


Swamp tour!







I would definitely recommend doing this! 

Had a stop at Ginnie Springs




Live music in Nashville!

Washington

The Washington Monument

Quick stop in Philadelphia


New York Grand Central Station!

Central Park


View from the High Line

Bubba Gump's!

View from the Rockefeller Center at sunset









We visited Rockefeller on 9/11 so the memorial lights were on, it was a sad moment.

Sealions at Central Park Zoo


They were excited for feeding time!

View of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry

View of Manhattan

Where is your favourite place in America or where would you most like to visit?
Share:

7 comments

  1. lovely pictures. i spent easter in philly & DC. i'm sure florida & NYC were probably more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to visit New Orleans. I love creepy things!! I think that city was made for me :D

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh it's great for all that! If you go you must do a ghost tour! x

      Delete
  3. Incredible photos <3 I would love to travel one day x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you ever get the chance do it :) x

      Delete
  4. Think a friend and I are doing this trip next October (we did the Trek America Westerner 2 BLT in 2012) - your photos make me really excited to head back to America!! Sounds like you had a good time and it was worth the money! Thanks for blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig