A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 1 October 2014

My American Summer: Part Two - Travelling the West Coast

After spending two months working at a summer camp in America this summer I had 30 days until my visa expired to travel, yay! Me and a friend decided to book a couple of treks in order to save ourselves the hassle of getting from place to place, booking everything ourselves etc. as we didn't have much free time at camp to do all of this. The first trek we did was with G Adventures, but we booked through STA. We did the San Diego, Grand Canyon and Vegas tour and it lasted 7 days. 

The tour started in LA, however we pretty much drove straight out of there so we had an extra night there so we got to see Hollywood! I absolutely loved this tour, it was a mixture of hotels and camping, but I actually enjoyed the camping the most! We were a group of 13 girls all under 26 so we all got on really well and everyone got to hang out more when we were camping and we cooked our own food and made s'mores which was really fun (of course I taught everyone how as I learnt at camp!) I haven't included any group photos as I didn't get anyone's permission, but here are my personal highlights from the trek!

Me with my babe in Hollywood!


Arizona Green Tea! The best drink ever. Wish we could get it here in England :(

San Diego - First time I've ever pitched a tent!

Kayaking in San Diego - we saw sharks and seals!


California dunes. Stunning views, apparently they filmed some of Star Wars here!


Amazing skies.

Scottsdale! Much cooler than I imagined it would be.

The Grand Canyon - the most beautiful place I've ever visited


Sunset at the Grand Canyon


Back at 5.30am the next day for the sunrise!





I couldn't get enough of these stunning views.

Caught a grasshopper on camera!

Just started the Bright Angel Trail, blissfully unaware of the pain I was about to endure haha!

Heart-shaped cactus!!

Made it to the bottom of the Bright Angel Trail

Five miles back to the top!

Route 66! Being a proper tourist.

The only celebrity I met!

Hello Las Vegas!


We staid at the Stratosphere Hotel, very useful when you're lost at night!

View from the Stratosphere

Caesar's Palace (amazing for shopping!)

I really, really enjoyed this trek! I would have liked more time in Vegas, but also more money to spend! I would definitely go back to all of these places given the chance. The trek was so much fun, I met some amazing people and our trek leader was great too. Just posting these photos is making me so sad because I miss it so much and want to be back there! I would definitely recommend this trek to anyone. There is also an extended version that goes for a few more days!

Have you guys visited any of these places? Let me know!
Share:

4 comments

  1. What an awesome road trip! Your pics are so great, they are making me want to throw so stuff in the back of my car and just take off!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Honestly you should do it! Spontaneous adventures are the best :) xx

      Delete
  2. amazing photos, I would love to go and visit the great canyon as well!

    http://www.andreaantoniou.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it if you ever get the chance, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! x

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig