A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Friday 31 January 2014

Simple Bright Eye Makeup Tutorial

Today I thought I'd post a tutorial (my first one I think?!) Recently I've been playing around with Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. although I don't like it as much as number 2, its sort of pushed me out of my comfort zone and forced me to try some new looks, and this one is one I have been loving.

I like to call this look The Bright Eye, as it really makes your eyes pop and its nice and so simple and natural looking. I think this would be a go to for me if I was still at school as it's more of a "no makeup, makeup look"! 

Before:
 
After:
What I'm wearing on my face:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation for combination/oily skin in Sand Beige
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15
MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium
Rimmel London Powder Blush in Winter Glow
Avon Deep Glow Bronzing Powder

Lips: 
Maybelline Colorsensational Lip Liner in Sweet Pink
Nivea Essential Care Lip Salve 

Eyes:
Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, shades used:
Strange, Limit and Nooner
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sellout
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Barry M Kohl Pencil in Number 30
I won't go over everything that I did for my face, but I used a light concealer and used quite a lot under my eyes to really brighten them up. I also put some around my nose and any visible blemishes as flawless skin really compliments this look. I should also note I didn't have a nude lipstick on me at the time so I just filled in my lips with a lip liner! I just then went over it with my lip salve for a shiny finish. Simple!

First off give your eyebrows any filling in they need, but don't make them too over the top as this is a simple look, just aim for symmetry. For my eyes I applied Urban Decay's Primer Potion, then patted Strange (which is a matte white/cream colour) all over the lid. I just used the brush that came with the Naked 3 palette as I like this brush. I then went in with Limit (a matte pinky/brown colour) over the outer half of my eyelid. I then just went in with Nooner (a matte light brown colour) in the crease. I also put the colours under my eyes too, starting with the lightest near the corner and blending out to the darkest at the outer edge. I just think this makes my eyes look bigger. To really brighten up my eyes I then used Urban Decay's Sellout in the corner of my eyes. I applied this quite generously. Sellout is great as a highlight as it's really light and shimmery. It was also the closest colour to Bootycall that I could find! (Tip: make sure you blend all the colours well! This is the key to a flawless makeup look. I again just used my Naked 3 brush). 

For my lashes I applied Urban Decay's Big Fatty Mascara to the top lashes (review here) and to the bottom lashes I applied Maybelline The Falsies Mascara, however you can just apply any mascara that's nearing the end of its life! I then lined my water line with Barry M's Kohl Pencil in number 30. This is a shimmery white colour and really makes your eyes pop.

Hope you've enjoyed reading about this look, it's my current favourite and go to as it's so simple and great for the day time without looking like I've gone through too much effort!




Share:

10 comments

  1. This makeup is very beautiful on you :) !! Your eyes are so beautiful !!
    xx, Laura.
    http://neverwithoutmylipstick.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Love your makeup!xo

    www.fashionsignal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post - you look amazing :)

    Www.fairytalesandlittlewhitelies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your big fan ! Love your eye
    Greetings from Poland :)
    http://etiennette-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I followed back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Becca i just nominated you for a liebster award on my blog, go check out the blog post for more information www.victoriastyleseverything.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig