A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked Palettes 1,2 and 3: A Review

Hi Lovelies! So I confess I am a hardcore Naked fan. I got given the Naked One Palette as a gift when it first came out and have been hooked ever since! I pre-ordered number Three and have had enough time now to test it out and now I'm ready to compare the three! I apologise now for the photos, these palettes have been used a lot and are not looking their best! Also I haven't done swatches as there are a lot of colours to compare and I think it would just get confusing! Be warned: this review is going to be long and ramble-y! If you make it to the end you should go buy yourself all three ;).
Naked. Shades included in order:
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal.

The palette also came with a double-ended eyeliner, which I lost a long time ago! But it went on very well. 
You can probably tell which are (or were) my favourite shades! Sin was of course my absolute favourite. I used this nearly every day, it was great as a base colour for an every day look and it also worked great as a highlighter. I did actually go in to buy this separately but they had discontinued it :( My other favourite colours from this palette are Smog and Hustle, which I usually paired with Sin. Again great for an every day look as they aren't too dark! When I was using this palette most, which was a couple of years ago, I really wasn't into matte colours so that's why Naked and Buck have hardly been touched! As for the darker colours, Creep and Gunmetal, although these colours are both very pigmented and you don't need much, they are both rather sparkly and I'm not as keen on glitter in darker colours. I definitely prefer a matte black. However I did use these more when I was going for a more dramatic look. As for the packaging, not too important in my eyes. I am a fan of velvet, and I like this packaging because it's not as bulky as Naked Two and Three, however the palette has got a bit more battered than the others because it's not plastic like Naked 2 and 3.

Naked 2. Shades included in order:
Foxy, Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout.

I would say Naked 2 is my favourite palette out of the 3. I use this palette on a daily basis even though I now have Naked 3. I think the colours really do suite my skin tone. Again you can probably tell my favourite colours! I usually wear Booty Call (similar to Sin in Naked) with Snakebite or Busted for a casual every day look. I also like to use Verve with Pistol, and I get a lot of compliments on that one. Since Booty Call has nearly ran out, I went into Debenhams to purchase the full size, but again they had stopped selling Booty Call, the same as Sin! They sold me a similar one; Sellout, but it's just not as nice as Booty Call or Sin, it's much more sparkly and doesn't work as well for my every day look. I think it is a shame that Urban Decay get us hooked on our favourite colours then discontinue them as individuals! However one thing I love about this palette - the matte black colour which is Blackout. I definitely prefer matte blacks for the crease, it just darkens and intensifies any look without a ton of shimmer. Also it is so pigmented and you only need a tiny bit.

Naked 3. Shades included in order:
Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside and Blackheart.

Now I do love this palette. It just looks so pretty! It's much more pink based than Naked and Naked 2, and I think the others are quite similar, but Naked 3 is definitely a whole different range of colours. I think my main issue with this palette is that it's so pink - and pink doesn't suite me. I never wear pink eyeshadow, I have blue eyes and nearly black hair and the shades just aren't as flattering on me as they would be on someone with brown eyes or someone with a more pink skin tone! Also this palette doesn't have a shade like Sin or Bootycall, which I was really hoping it would. There is Dust, which is in its place, but this shade does go on very pink. However I do like the colour Trick. Liar and Factory are also two nice light browns too that work well as a natural look. I've found myself using this palette alongside Naked 2, as I do love the right side of the palette, I just don't think the lighter colours are really me. As for Blackheart, the darkest colour, I do love the idea of the black with burgundy shimmer particles mixed in, however when on you can't really see the burgundy tone as much as I would like to. And as I said earlier I do prefer a matte black! It is a difficult one this palette, I look at it and just love it but when I wear it I'm just not as happy with it! I think the others just suite me better. However I do definitely recommend this palette if you have the right skin tone for it and you prefer prettier, pinker shades.

Both Naked 2 and 3 also came with a double ended brush, which I know many people don't bother with but I actually love these! I use the flatter brush for patting on the main colour and the larger dome brush for blending.

I do love all three of the Naked palettes and they are still my staple eyeshadows - perfect for every occasion whether you want to go really natural or build it up with the darker shades for a real smokey effect.

What do you guys think of the Naked palettes? Which is your favourite?







Share:

3 comments

  1. i only have the second one but i really want the third!

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth buying but the second is still my fav! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I just bought sin a week ago and just checked on sephora and urban decay websites, it is still permanent and has not been discontinued. Most likely your sephora was out of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig