A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Sunday 19 January 2014

Tag: 10 Beauty Mistakes I Used to Make



Hello Lovelies! Bit of a random post today, but I fancied doing something light hearted and amusing as I'm rather stressed with my work load at the moment, but doing this made me giggle! Anyway, this is the 10 Beauty Mistakes Tag. I was tagged by no one in particular, but fancied doing it myself! I've learnt a lot over the years from trial and error, as do we all.. But here are my top 10 beauty fails! Wish I could go back and tell myself: "NO!"

1. Wearing foundation... and nothing else

Foundation was one of the first things I started wearing. I went through phases of wearing bright orange ones and white ones, one thing was for sure, none of them matched my skin tone! I eventually realised I was going wrong when I saw a close up picture of my face, which was just a white, patchy, shiny mess.

2. Wearing too much eyeliner... and just foundation

This was the next stage after my "foundation only" stage. I then entered a sort of gothic phase and loaded on the black eyeliner. With no mascara..

3. Dying the underneath of my hair black

Yep I was well ahead of the dip dying craze! Not sure what possessed me to do this, maybe my gothic phase?! Just picture this with the pale foundation - panda eye look. And I wondered why I didn't have a boyfriend..

4. Straightening my hair every day

Aghh I was so guilty of this! Once I got my hands on a pair of GHDs I literally straightened my hair every single day from the age of 12-17! Bad Becca! I swear my hair has only just recovered.

5. Washing my hair every day

Another thing I now realise was really bad for my hair! Only stopped doing this after going to uni (and becoming much more lazy with my hair) but my hair has thanked me for it!

6. Not plucking my eyebrows

Oh dear, man brows anyone?

7. Over-plucking my eyebrows

Discovered tweezers aged 13, consequently had about 6 hairs left per eyebrow.

8. Pink eyeshadow

Again I'm probably not the first to make this error, but one of the first eyeshadows I bought was a No.7 one I believe, which was a set of 3 pinks, and had a guide of how to use them. Baby pink all over your eyes, right up to the eyebrow, slightly darker pink over the main lid, and really bright shimmery pink in the crease. Why do this No.7?! Gullible, 13 year old me looked like a clown.

9. Going way OTT with hairspray

When I decided to kill my hair via curling it instead of straightening it, I then proceeded to spray it so much that it actually went rock solid and there was no way a brush was going through it. Stiff, sticky curls: lush.

10. Dodgy fake tan

Ahh I think we've all been there with this one. At least my pale phase was over! Whilst on the search for the perfect fake tan I tried many that looked absolutely awful! I'm talking orange streaky legs, awful smelling skin, orange hands, scaly brown elbows and wrists, just lovely... God knows what our teachers thought during P.E!

I tag you all! Would love to read more of these so leave me a link to yours in the comments!

Becca x


Share:

13 comments

  1. This is so great, I have a bunch of these.... I can't believe I did that ......stories as well!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It made me laugh writing it, and cringe! but I guess we learn from our mistakes! xx

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh, lovely candid post!
    And your comment was so sweet thank you! Your are stunning!

    Hollie x
    holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post so much and I was so guilty of most of these! All part of growing up I guess, so funny to see them all written down!
    Hannah x

    http://hannahs-bliss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks haha funny isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I can relate to the hairspray one, although I combined it with full scale backcombing....what was I doing.

    www.champagnetote.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered the art of backcombing last year haha! Laid off the hairspray now though ;) x

      Delete
  6. Hahaha I went through an eyeliner phase when I was fourteen and I was flicking through photos of it the other day, regretting each time I had a photo looking like a panda bear....I actually thought it was cool. x)

    Luxe
    xx

    http://luxederouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was the same, not one photo I like from when I was younger!! xx

      Delete
  7. Hey Becca, I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award. All the information is in this blog post: http://misslaurabora.blogspot.ie/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig