A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Thursday 23 January 2014

A Little, Exciting Update..



Just a little update today as I have some exciting news! (You may have already guessed by the photos!)

So this week I've been super, super busy and haven't managed to blog much. My new camera that I worked crazy hours over Christmas for arrived on Monday morning. I was so excited to use it but was heading out to a spa with my mum for the day when it was delivered, and later I visited my boyfriend down south for a couple of days and today I went to Manchester so I haven't had chance to even use it yet!

But the little update is actually about where I went today: Manchester. I went there because there was a recruitment fair being held for Camp America. I applied back in November as I would love to spend my summer in the US as I have never been and I want to have some fun before I get a real job! So anyway, I got hired on the spot!!

It was a horrendous experience to be honest, I had to queue outside for an hour and a half and it was freezing and hailing. It did just feel rather unorganised as we weren't given information on what positions the camps actually needed to fulfil to a lot of time was wasted queuing to speak to camps that didn't even have the right placements! But I was really lucky in that I managed to find one that didn't have a queue and the Camp Director pretty much offered me the job straight away! So as of June the 8th I'll be spending my summer as a photographer in Wisconsin! That job is literally perfect for me as I just love taking photos and all my friends call me "the photographer of the group" when we are out! I am really, really scared.. But also excited beyond words! I really hope it is a great summer, and although I won't be able to blog much, I'll have a ton to write about when I'm back yay!

Have any of you ever done Camp America? If so I'd love to hear about your experience!
Share:

6 comments

  1. Ahh this is so exciting! :) I spent the summer of 2011 working as a photographer in a theme park in Ohio and it was the best summer of my life! I hope you have an amazing time :) Aimee xx

    dress-it-up-6.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo that sounds so much fun! I'd love to visit some of the American theme parks they look amazing! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting! That sucks that the process wasn't that fun, but I'm sure you'll love the experience! I live in the US, on the West Coast though so not near Wisconsin, but one of my brother's best friends has family there so he visits a lot and he absolutely loves it! I've heard really great things about it. Best of luck to you!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo that's so cool, I'm fascinated by America! :) I'm looking forward to going it looks like a beautiful place! Thanks :D xx

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Camp America but I will definitely look into it when I'm older! It sounds really fun! I hope you have an amazing time! I just found your blog and I really really like it! Going to follow you now!

    Joely xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! :) I followed you back on g+ :) xxx

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig