A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Monday 27 January 2014

The Review: Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara, a Love/Hate Relationship


 Hello Lovelies, I thought I would do a another review for you today (loving writing them at the moment!) I'm still on the lookout for my perfect mascara and love to read reviews on them myself!

A couple of months ago I purchased Urban Decay's Big Fatty Mascara. I have used their Lush Lash Growth Serum-Infused Conditioning Mascara which I absolutely loved, but I felt I wanted to try something different from their mascara range, so I just went in and asked the lady behind the counter which was their most popular mascara and she raved about the Big Fatty mascara so I went ahead bought it.

The claim:

"Virtually weightless and buildable to the extreme, Big Fatty Mascara is smudge-proof, flake-proof, and ultralong wearing too! Loaded with all the good stuff to keep your lashes looking luscious (Hemp Seed Oil for moisture, Vitamin E to prevent free radical damage, Jojoba Oil for hydration, and Purisilk SPB for conditioning and curl retention), Big Fatty Mascara enhances lashes inside and out. Packaged in a large black tube, with luxe silver and purple art deco design, this big fatty boasts a fat molded brush completely covered in fine bristles that wrap all the way around the tip."

What I think:

Pros: 

 This mascara does glide on very well, it hasn't gone dry at all in the 2 months I've had it, not even around the lid and I think this may be due to the Jojoba oil that it contains.

 It does actually curl my lashes, as mine are quite long and straight naturally.

 It's easy to build up for a longer, thicker lash effect, however one coat is all you need for an every day look. It's a good mascara if you don't like wearing false eyelashes but you want a striking effect still.

 The design of a brush means that it grabs each individual lash and defines each one rather than clumping them together which is a quality I love in a mascara.

 There seems to be a lot of product and I think it will take a while to use up. I tend to get through mascaras really quickly, and although I should mention I have used others in the two months I've had it, it is still nowhere near used up.

Cons:

✘ This mascara may be flake-proof as advertised, but it is by no means smudge-proof. I do apply this to my bottom lashes too, which are quite long, but it still smudges all underneath my eyes. And I never rub my eyes! I find myself having to check myself face throughout the day to make sure I have't got a case of panda eyes! 

✘ It takes a while to dry too, because it's so oily I think, so if I glance up when I've just applied it I end up with black marks all over my lids and get into a right mess!

✘ Lastly, and probably the thing I dislike most about this product is that it is literally impossible to get off! I know some people may think of this as a good thing, but literally my Liz Earle cleanser does not even touch it. I then go in with my Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for lids, lashes and lips, which is really good but still it won't budge! I have to grab my lashes in a cotton pad and pull them which still doesn't get it all off and is really damaging. It actually takes days to come off and I wake up with it all down my face! Not at all ideal. I never even have that much of an issue taking off waterproof mascara!

Urban Decay's Big Fatty mascara retails at £15, which I think is a reasonable price for a more high-end product, and can be purchased at Debenhams here. However I think I do prefer their Lush Lash mascara and if I repurchase this I will definitely do a review.

As I said in the title, definitely a love/hate relationship! I think I may start using a different mascara for my lower lashes, but as for the taking it off drama, does anyone have any tips?! I really don't want to dismiss this product for that reason.

P.S. Watch out for a makeup tutorial I'll be posting soon, it features this mascara if you would like to see it in action! 


Have any of you guys tried this mascara? What did you think? I would love to hear your thoughts!


Share:

5 comments

  1. This mascara seems great! xo

    www.fashionsignal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you have a lovely blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks quite good! Don't know if I'd LOVE it but I think I could use it!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks soo good when it's on, it's just a nightmare to get off and a bit smudgy!! xxx

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig