A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Trip to London Including Icebar

On Tuesday I visited the amazing city that is London! I had actually only ever been to London twice before these last couple of years, where I seem to have been quite a lot! I've been on two trips to visit art galleries, once to London Zoo, last summer I was luckily enough to visit the Paralympics, and at Christmas time I visited the Harry Potter Studio Tour London, which I HIGHLY recommend! But this visit was actually one of my favourite yet.

I went with my mum and my mum's friend and her friend's daughter (so a proper girly outing!) we got the train there and back which worked out quite cheap (I'm good with trains now as I get them a lot being a student!) First off we visited Camden Town, which I have never been to and quickly realised is very cool and quirky! I don't think I've ever seen so many people advertising tattoos and piercings before, and the 3D shops were amazing!


 I bought a few bits here, I was trying to be good but I couldn't resist!

The cheapest thing I bought was this skirt from H&M, only £3.99, bargain! I actually bought one of these skirts a couple of years ago in black, and I'm happy to say that the design has actually improved (in my opinion). The band along the skirt is now wider, and the material itself actually feels thicker to me, making the skirt appear more flattering! Will definitely be collecting these in a range of colours! You can wear them with anything too, shirts, jumpers, baggy T-shirts, it all works!


Next, we visited Urban Outfitters (oh no)... This shop actually majorly depressed me! I quite literally could have bought three quarters of the shop, but it is not cheap! And me being a student on a budget, I had to really watch my spending! So it was more of just a window shopping experience, however I have mentally added a lot of things to my wish list! The main one being a pair of levi shorts, they were £35 at Urban Outfitters and although they were good quality I have seen cheaper. Does anyone know any good places that I could get them? I've seen some on Ebay but not sure if they are real or not and its a gamble with what pair you get sent! However I did make a small purchase! I bought this lovely white picture frame, which is to put in my room when I have redecorated! It was £10 and I think it looks very vintage, love it! Pictured with it is a green one that I purchased a couple of weeks in Bakewell, I was thrilled when I found the white one because they go together so well! I can't remember exactly how much this one cost, but I think it was around the £8 mark.


I also bought a set of alphabet spaghetti fridge magnets! A bit random I know, but they will fit in perfectly at my new uni flat! Endless fun will be had. These were also £10 from Urban Outfitters, a bit pricey but I had to do it!


A ladybird decided to hitch a ride on my Urban Outfitters bag :).

The final purchase of the day (and also my favourite) happened when we were walking through Camden Town market, and I spotted some wooden iphone cases, which I have seen and always wanted. But then I noticed they had ipad mini cases too! I got super excited about this, however they were £28, so I went away and googled them on my phone to see if I could find some cheaper online, but it worked out about the same and there were hardly any that I could find online! So I went back to the stall and tried out my haggling skills, and I managed to get him down to £23, yay! :) I absolutely love this. You can feel where its been etched, and it looks so cool! It's even lined with black felt stuff on the inside :). Very happy!


Anyway I'll finally talk about the Icebar! Icebar is part of the Icehotel range, and personally I think it's a very good deal! Most of the times online show that if you pay on the door it will cost you £14, however it increases by a couple of pounds if you go during peak times (i.e. weekends) however if you book in advance its only £12.50, which is what we did. For this price you get 40 minutes in the Icebar, along with a cocktail of your choice and they provide you with thermal capes. However you can also stay in the lounge and outside area for as long as you like and buy more drinks there. The Icebar is located on Heddon Street, just off Regent Street, which is a really cute little alley with bars and restaurants down it. Our initial impression was that the Icebar looked very posh and expensive! We sat down to have a drink before we went in, and I won't lie I was anticipating highly priced drinks, however I was pleasantly surprised to find they were very reasonable! Most cocktails were £5.50, and you don't get much cheaper than that here in Nottingham! They were nice too and the service was very friendly. Inside the Icebar was obviously cold! Make sure you wear socks and preferably something on your legs as the cape doesn't fall that low! It was amazing how they had created it, and even your glasses were made of ice! (Although these were a bit difficult to drink from!) I have posted some pictures of the bar below, it was really fun to visit and I'd definitely recommend it! We went in at 5.45 and there weren't many of us, however later it would definitely get busier as there was a queue when we left! We preferred it quiet though as it meant we got a seat, which there weren't many of in the Icebar.



I really enjoyed our little trip to London, I definitely want to go again soon and explore more places! I will leave you with what I wore for the day :).

Dress - AX Paris at New Look
Bag - Zara



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig