A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Monday 19 August 2013

Why You Should Shop at Savers

For all you UK readers, you will probably know what Savers is. However if you're reading this from another country, Savers is basically a drugstore that sells toiletries and such like Boots, although often at a much cheaper price!
I popped in recently to pick up some holiday essentials. However I apologise now as I took some to my university flat and forgot to photograph them! So stock photos will have to make do! I'm going to explain what I bought and compare the prices so that you can see the savings. All this only cost me £28.89!

As you've probably noticed there are a LOT of hair removal products here haha! (I'm not that hairy I swear!) I'd completely run out of wax strips and I wanted to be silky smooth for holiday so I didn't need to worry about shaving. The Nair body wax strips cost £1 (so cheap I had to get two!) A similar pack I found on Boots online cost £5.99. The Osiris Hair Removal Cream cost £1.00 too, I bought this to remove any short hairs that waxing wouldn't take care of. I've never used it before, but I thought I'd give it a go and the little spade thing looks useful! I don't think they sell these at Boots as it's not a common brand, but I just checked and they're available online at a range of prices. The Venus razor was £3.99 (I hate buying razors because they're expensive but you need them!) However I just checked and the same razor is £7.99 at Boots, bargain! I then bought some tablets and plasters (can't go away without these!) which came to £2.46. 
Locks wise I purchased Aussie shampoo and conditioner in Miracle Moist (£2.99 each). The shampoo and conditioner are both £4.49 in Boots, which is quite expensive for 300 and 250ml bottles! But I do love Aussie and regularly splash out on their products! I'm obsessed with the smell, I just love it when I brush my hair and can still smell it! I'd just like it if the bottles were bigger so they would last me longer! I don't wash my hair as much as I used to, but I have a lot of it so I have to use a generous amount! I also purchased the Pantene hairspray (£1.99) in mark 5. I usually go for mark 4, however I'm going to Ibiza and last time I went, within 10 minutes of being outside at night my hair had completely dropped because of the humidity! So I need something super strong to help it stay in place. This hairspray is also the volumising one, so I'm hoping it will give my hair some extra lift! I think this product is £3.69 in Boots.


Although I wasn't intending on purchasing a body butter (as I have more than enough moisturisers to get through!) I saw this Nip+Fab Mango Smoothie Dry Skin Fix Body Butter (what a mouthful!) for £2.49. They also had it in cherry flavour, pistachio and coconut. I'm not really sure what pistachio smells like if I'm honest and I'm not a massive fan of cherry, but I very nearly bought coconut but was swayed by the fact that Mango is a more summery smell! I hadn't really heard of Nip+Fab until recently when I got a free sample with Cosmopolitan, and then I just started noticing it everywhere! (And I realised its actually quite expensive!) In Boots this would set you back £8.49. I have actually tried this (I added it to my collection at uni) and I applied it a couple of times after I had showered first thing in the morning. Firstly, it smells lush and it absorbs into your skin well and leaves you feeling nice and soft for the rest of the day. However one thing I didn't really like was that it felt quite sticky when applied and I had to wait a while for it to absorb. I have some other moisturisers that feel a bit slimy when first applied but I don't mind this that much, however the stickiness of this product was not something I enjoyed, but I think it is probably because of the thick consistency of the body butter. Other than that I love this product and will definitely be going back to buy the coconut version for that price!

Schwarzkopf Colour Mask £3.99 (but I purchased two). This product is actually £4.50 in Boots, which isn't that much more! But when you're buying two it does add up. My hair is long so to cover all of it I usually have to buy two packs. I haven't used this mask before, however I found it surprisingly easy to apply! I didn't spill any (hurray!) and there actually seemed to be more than there is in the bottle versions. When using a bottle I seem to be scraping out the last of the second bottles to cover all my hair, but with this I had some to spare! It felt a lot like putting on a conditioning mask rather than a hair dye which I loved. My hair didn't get as tangled when applying it either and I could definitely tell where I had applied it. I can't comment on how the colour has lasted yet as I have only washed it once since, but I am happy with colour itself. I would definitely recommend this product for quick and easy application.

Finally, I bought some Disney princess tissues for my uni room for £1.00! These aren't the exact ones I bought, I couldn't find mine in Google images :( but these are pretty similar! Mine featured Belle, Cinderella and Rapunzel, so cute!

I know this post probably looks like I'm majorly slating Boots, but I would just like to clarify I actually love Boots! I just think Savers is an amazing place to stop at before you go to Boots (if you have one locally), just to see if they have any of your essentials at a cheaper price, or to see if you can get any cheaper alternatives (especially if you're a scrimper like me!) and then you can continue onto Boots and will have saved yourself some cash! (Sorry Boots!) I just did some quick maths and I worked out I saved just over £25 there! (I hope that's right..) I have no idea how Savers manages to sell some of its products so cheap, but I'm happy they do!

Share:

1 comment

  1. Hey, your blog's amazing! Just a quick question tho, whats the quality like for saver's products? Like because they're massively cheaper than normal boots and superdrug products are they like the same quality? Keep up the amazing blog posts tho!!xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig