A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Thursday 8 August 2013

Clinique Review and New Skincare Routine

So for a while now I have been using Clinique's mild face soap, and I have only recently started using the dramtically different moisturizing lotion (which has been around for a while, but I have noticed has been advertised a lot more recently). I will say now I have very different views on both of these products. I have only actually used a few different cleansers in my life, but moisturisers is a completely different story! I am struggling to find the perfect one!


Clinique's facial soap comes in a 200ml pump bottle, and retails at £15.50. It is available in mild, oily and extra mild, which should suite everyone. I think one of the main things I love about this product is how long it lasts! I sometimes cleanse my face three times a day, and this cleanser can last me six months! I have used this cleanser for about two years now (trying a couple in between and quickly switching back!) I like the pump too, its very simple and doesn't dispense too much, just the right amount per pump in my opinion! It has always removed my makeup very well compared to other products, it doesn't irritate my eyes and my skin is clearer using this product than when using others (although not perfect!) I also should add my skin is quite sensitive to dryness and when I have switched to other cleansers my forehead in particular has become very dry and my skin can feel quite tight, but Clinique seems to suite my skin well and doesn't have this effect. However I have always struggled with an oily T-zone and am still yet to find a cure for this! 


The dramatically different moisturizing lotion, however, I haven't used for as long. This retails at £17 for a 50ml bottle and £28-£29.50 for a 125ml bottle. This is one of Clinique's cheaper moisturisers, and has been advertised a lot recently so I'm sure a lot of people will be trying it! However I have to say, I was very disappointed. My first impression is that its very watery. I can just about cope with this during the day, however at night this is a major no no! Soon after applying it I start to feel my skin tightening up again, and sometimes have to reach for more! It doesn't give me spots which is a benefit, and my makeup goes on smoothly over it, but I really don't like how tight it leaves my skin feeling and my forehead can get quite dry and needs some extra nourishment! For this price I am not impressed, I definitely prefer my cheaper Nivea one (which I will later review). And I'm afraid to say I'm still on the hunt for the perfect moisturiser! This is what prompted me to purchase a new range of skin care!


I recently put in an order with Liz Earle, I have to admit I may have copied Zoella's skin care routine! I knew I wanted to try a new range of skin care, but had no idea which brand to try next, and Zoella raved about Liz Earl along with the Re-gen cream, and from what she has said I think we have similar skin types, so I had to have a browse on the website!


This is what I ordered! I was much more than just pleased! All this cost me £43 (with free delivery!) It was an offer, available until the 28th of August (if you want click here) So here is what I got (I've put the individual price of each product so you can see the savings!)

Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (includes two muslin cloths) 100ml pump £13.25
Instant Boost Skin Tonic 200ml - £13.25
Skin Repair Moisturiser 50ml - £19.25
Super Skin Tint 40ml - £21.00
Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (includes one small muslin cloth) 30ml - £5.50

If you're good at math you will have already added that up, but all that comes to £72.25! So I saved £29.25 on that order, I'm thrilled by that and that's before I've even tried it!

The picture is exactly what happened when I tipped the box upside down haha! Included in that I also had a nice little welcome letter as it was my first ever order with Liz Earle, along with a nice booklet full of all their products and how they work, background about the company etc! That will be helpful when I want to purchase something else.



I then lined them all up neatly so you get a better view of the order :). I only received the order yesterday so I have used the cleanser, toner and moisturiser twice, however I'm saving the skin tint for my holiday! :) I have to say I loved using the muslin cloth! I feel like a skin care virgin admitting that I only used my hands until now... I love how it exfoliates my skin though and even if I change cleansers I doubt I will ever leave the muslin cloth behind! I'm expecting great things from these products since the reviews rave about them.. And I am very happy that they aren't too pricey! About the same as Clinique individually but the deal was definitely better value! If you read this post late I'm sure there will be another deal just as good soon so keep a look out! :)



Next I purchased this Re-gen cream as part of my new routine! Now this is not particularly for your face, however I only purchased this because Zoella raved about it on her blog, and I had seen some in Home Bargains around the £4 mark which is of course a bargain for 125ml! I'm a poor student so I'm always on the lookout for cheap little gems! When I applied this I fell in love with the consistency immediately, nice and thick and rich and perfect for night! I bought the Liz Earle light moisturiser as my skin is quite oily, which is good for the day, however at night I want something richer to replenish my skin overnight, and I'm hoping this will do the job! It contains chamomile and some of the same ingredients as Bio Oil, so it should be good at reducing blemishes and nourishing the skin. It also claims to help with any scarring which is a benefit as spots can sometimes scar. I have only tried this a couple of times too, but so far I am happy with it and the tub should last me a while! I will update you further if it works wonders, or causes me to break out! (Fingers crossed!)


Share:

1 comment

  1. Your blogs and its stuff are so notable and worthwhile it can make me return.
    Get more about Box Palletizing

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig