A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Thursday 15 August 2013

Polar Watch Review

So if you've read my other posts on my blog, you may have seen that I'm into fitness. I'm not overly obsessed, but I like to do what I can to keep my body fit and healthy!
I follow a lot of fitness account on Instagram, and I noticed that a lot of them used polar watches, which, in simple terms, is a sports watch. By wearing a strap around your chest which monitors your heart rate tells you how many calories you have burnt off during a workout.
I decided I had to have one of these. However, shopping for a polar watch proved quite difficult! The prices vary immensely, mine was one of the cheapest I could actually find online, which was just over £50, however I've seen them range up to £300+!
When shopping for a polar watch, I think it's important how seriously you are into fitness, and what you really want to get out of the watch. Personally, my watch, which is the "Polar FT4F Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch" in purple/pink, is great for me.


It's very simple, when you activate it it stays on all the time and you are able to enter your details, height/weight etc. So that it is able to calculate how many calories you are burning accordingly. The strap is easily adjustable to fit any chest size and fits just below your bra. 



When you start the polar watch you can scroll through different views as your working out, such as just seeing your heart rate (which I like as I can make sure I'm pushing myself hard enough!) or you can just view your calorie count and theres also a setting with your in-zone and another with how long you have been working out for and the time. If you go for a more expensive watch, it might feature GPS which is useful if you like running or biking, or I know some of them feature calories as a percentage of fat (or something complicated like that!) but to be honest when I was reading through the descriptions it just meant nothing to me! All I need is my calories and hearth rate.


I discovered the other day that it even shows how many calories I've burnt in total!

In terms of my workouts, it has really helped! It really does make you push yourself, when I'm working out I always want my heart rate to be 180+ and now if I look at my watch and see it slipping, I know I need to crank it up a gear! I also wouldn't trust the machines to give you an accurate heart rate/calorie count. Sometimes the machines tell you're burning off more than you actually are, and sometimes less! These watches are also good because you tend to set up a competition with yourself, you always want to beat your last count! It's quite addictive!


My workouts have improved so much since I purchased one of these, it actually astounds me that I never see anyone at the gym wearing one! It's amazing! If you want to get the absolute maximum out of your workout and want proof that you're working hard, then the polar watch is for you. View the polar FT4F here on Amazon.

Outfit of The Day...
I thought I'd throw in my OOTD too :). I was working so it's a smart/casual look. The top and shirt are both from New Look, and the skirt is the one from H&M that I mentioned in my London post here. I like to be comfy at work since I'm on my feet all day so I just paired it with my vans!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

3 comments

  1. you have an amazing figure! and i definitely need this watch!

    love your blog ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the watch is really nice. I like unisex watches like this one. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am following you now. Will be happy to see you back and to see your among my blog's follows. Cheers.
    fitness-watch

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig