A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 14 March 2015

Being Happy: Part II

grand canyon sunrise
I can't believe it was over a year ago that I wrote this post "Being Happy..." I'm quite proud of that post, for once everything I wanted to say came out right. However since I wrote that post, a lot has changed. Back then my life was in a better place, and through no fault of my own, it's in quite a bad place right now. And I often find myself thinking about how I cope, day to day, and how I'm not completely depressed right now. If you want to read more about my current circumstances, you can in this post that I wrote at the end of the year, but I won't go into too much detail about everything that's going on in this post. As you'll probably notice I've also included some of my favourite quotes in this post.. Prepare for a ramble!
emotional strength quote
I always find that getting up is the hardest part of my day. When my alarm goes off and it's 5am (as if that's not bad enough) my first thought is usually why should I get up? What do I have to get up for? Yep I know that's really dark. But as I start getting ready for work, doing my usual routine of putting on my makeup in bed (it's cold okay!) whilst watching a YouTube video or two (usually the Sacconejoly's), my mood slowly improves. When I get to work my colleagues and I usually have a good chat before we start working, and because I am a people person this always lifts my mood. Once the morning is up I'm usually my happy self; it's just getting going that always takes a while and maybe a little more effort than it should do.
be kind quote
The thing is I know my mind. I know how to trick it into being happy, if you like. If there's the tiniest thing to look forward to, I'll focus on that. At work I'll think about it all day! Whether it's a meal out with my friends, writing a new blog post or my favourite tv programme. I'll just keep thinking about that and I'm all excited and happy! I really make sure I enjoy the little things, whether that be a cup of tea, beautiful weather or even a good hair day. I'll enjoy things as much as I can.
 be soft quote
When I step back and look at my life, I honestly feel a bit sick. I'm a graduate with a really good degree, but I'm essentially in a really crappy job, which is really not what I wanted. I'm single and although I've been on some dates, men just keep letting me down and I'm really trying my best to not lose faith in them. This time last year I was excitedly planning my three month trip to America, but this year I doubt I'll even go on a holiday. Then of course the worst thing, my mum being so ill is just heartbreaking. So I don't really know how I'm still going and still happy(ish) but that's really what I'm trying to fathom with this post. Sometimes it really does help just to ramble and write things down, and as I say with many of my posts is that I would like to look back on this someday. 
choosing happiness quote
I think the key to my happiness is that I'm a positive person. Whenever someone moans about something trivial or whatever I always try and make light of the situation; I offer positive reinforcement, which is essentially what I do with myself. I am also a hopeless romantic, which I am well aware of is a dangerous game to play, but I can't help but think that everything happens for a reason and that it will all work out in some weird way. I think this really helps me, as if I didn't believe this, then I'd really feel like shit to put it honestly. I just really hope that I don't lose my positive attitude and this belief as I get older, as that's a scary thing. 

I think blogging really helps me too. I love that this is something productive that I'm doing with my life, and I actually count three hours of blogging in the evening after work as chill time! I love it that much. There's always new people to talk to too, blogging is so sociable. I love taking photos and making them look pretty, writing about things that inspire me and reading about what others are loving. I love it all. And you've all really helped me, just by reading my posts and commenting, that makes my day, and gives me reason to carry on writing. So thank you so much.

I'm sorry if this post was a bit much for some of you, but I pride myself on being honest in this blog, and it really is like a diary of my life for me.

What makes you happy? How do you keep going when life get's hard?

*The Grand Canyon photos are my own but all quotes I found on Instagram and I take no credit for.
Share:

12 comments

  1. Sorry to hear that your mum is ill. It sounds like you have a good outlook on life, focusing on the good things is definitely a good philosophy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think that's the only way to be :)

      Delete
  2. Girl you are SO YOUNG. Most people are not in the job they want at 21. In America, you're not even done with college yet. Fortune is a wheel and sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down, but when you are down it will always get better. I'm sure that's hard to imagine right now but just hang in there! It sounds like you have a great attitude and as long as you keep putting out positive vibes to the universe good things WILL start happening to you!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh of course you are completely right! I think the thing is I don't feel like I'm on track to the job I want either! But I know that I need to be the one to change that. It is about ups and downs! I think I'll be due some good karma soon.. I hope! Thanks for your lovely comment :) xx

      Delete
  3. I truly hope that things start to get a better for you girl. You're beautiful, and talented. Things can get hard sometimes, but I truly believe that great things are to come. Wishing nothing but the best for you, x!

    Becky xx // undertheseabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I hope so too! xx

      Delete
  4. Such a cute blog! I love your posts!


    http://anotherearthpink.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post !!!!

    your blog is amazing !!




    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you are feeling, I am pretty much in the same boat. Life keeps setting you back or testing you but you just have to keep getting up and smiling and its the hardest thing some time..

    If you need a friendly fellow blogger chat you know how to get in contact :)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is true! We all learn from hard times I guess :) Thank you lovely xx

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig