A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Smart/Casual Look

"The dress code is smart/casual." Is the phrase that makes us panic. What is smart/casual?! It can be so many different things! I don't own much smart/casual attire, so I decided to invest in some key pieces for such occasions!
Miss Selfridge have had some really nice clothes in lately, and it was this top and these trousers that really drew my attention. The top is slightly cropped and it meant to be off the shoulder, however it seemed to want to creep back up onto my shoulders! I paired it with these lovely black and white daisy print trousers. Perfect for spring! They are flattering too, added bonus! Unfortunately I didn't manage to fit the whole of the outfit into the photo (small room problems!) but they are cigarette style and straight and cropped at the bottom. I paired them with a pair of low boot buckle up heels from New Look, and I had my white frilly socks poking out over the top. The two chokers were a set, also from Miss Selfridge. 


I do love a good monochrome look too, it always looks effortlessly classy.
Face:
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Centre of Attention

I rarely get to dress up these days because I'm usually in my work uniform, so when I am doing something on my day off I take advantage! That's the reason why my blog rarely has OOTDs lately. Hope you enjoyed this rare one!

What's your go to smart/casual look?
Share:

14 comments

  1. You look so cute! Very 90's Liv Tyler :)

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who that is but thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I do love OOTD post as I am super nosey at peoples style and tips :) so yep love this girlie x

    Also major hair envy <3

    littlemissdisney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not always this stylish but I made an effort on this one ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Love the 90's vibe!

    www.georgiajade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your trousers, they're sooo lovely! xx

    ohsnapanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing aren't they! I wish I'd taken a close up of the print! xx

      Delete
  5. You have such a nice blog! Keep up a good work! <3

    Maybe you want to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog & I'll follow back right away.
    x
    http://www.spaventaremoda.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love everything about this outfit. Very 90's! I need those trousers!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely look, you're stunning!
    http://rustorstardust.blogspot.pt/ **

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig