A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 28 June 2014

Rimmel BB Cream vs Rimmel BB Cream Matte




For my trip to America I really wanted a good BB cream, as I didn't want to be applying proper foundation everyday but I didn't want to be completely barefaced either! 

The Rimmel BB creams looked interesting so I wanted to try them. In Superdrug I had a real dilemma of whether to go for the original version or the newer, matte version. I went for the original version in the end simply because it had a higher SPF (25, matte has 15). I picked the shade light as my face doesn't usually tan much abroad!

However when testing this product I quickly realised that it made me super shiny, which I hate! Dewy does not suit me. I then found a sample of the matte version in a magazine I bought, and upon trying realised it suited my skin much better and did not leave me looking nearly as shiny! So I went back and bought the matte one too..

The products' claim:

"I don’t wear foundation, but I want a flawless complexion with a healthy glow!
Better than a moisturizer, better than a foundation. It’s a skin-perfecting super makeup, developed specifically for women who won’t wear foundation. Creates the perfect 9-part regimen in one easy step: Primes, Moisturises, Minimises Pores, Conceals, Covers, Smoothes, Mattifies, Brightens and helps Protect."

In terms of application both products go on lovely. They are both very lightweight and make your skin feel soft, like a moisturiser. However I would not say the products do a good job of minimising pores or concealing. The product is not heavy enough to be a good concealer, and I don't think that's really what you want in a BB cream. A 9-part regimen in one step is really a lot to aim for and impossible in my opinion. The original BB cream does not mattify either, however the matte version does of course do a better job of this. In terms of longevity however I was impressed by how well the products lasted.

I would recommend the matte BB cream over the original, however this is all down to personal preference! Both are reasonably prices and you can buy them both online at Boots here.

NB: This post was scheduled before I went to America. I will currently be sunning it up and won't be back until mid September, so I apologise for any late replies to comments etc! I will get back to you when I can! x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig