A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Thursday 5 June 2014

Elliot Rose Apothecary, Bakewell


So yesterday my mum and I went on our annual trip to Bakewell, and whilst there we stumbled across what I believe is my heaven! It's a little apothecary located in Portland Square. It's sort of like Lush, only cheaper and the smell was a lot more subtle! Inside was a mix of lovely things... Handmade soaps, shower gels, bath bombs, so many candles, little accessories and so many types of tea!! (Oh and thank you Mr Painter for ruining my shot!) 

I love this sign! "Potions and possibilities" felt like I was in a shop in Diagon Alley! (Sorry for the poor quality phone photos, I didn't take my camera!)

Lots of lovely soaps, they look amazing and smell even better!

Sooo many candles!! I honestly was like a child in a sweet shop, I made it my mission to smell every single one.

These are so cute! The top rows are little sachets that you use in your bath, and they claim to have magical powers! They are such a good gift idea and they were so cheap too! 

The most exciting part of the shop for me by far. The tea. Not only was there the widest range of herbal tea I've ever seen, but you could mix and match different types to create your own box! Which I did of course! So I picked 20 different ones which only cost £2.99. I cannot wait to try them all! They are by a brand called Pukka if anyone wants to research them. 

Only part of their massive range of bath bombs, most of them look nice enough to eat! 

The bath sachets I bought! I actually have a massive fear of spiders, going to try and convince myself that this will work! Great idea for gifts though. 

All my teas! I get so excited about tea, I can't wait to go back and repurchase my favourites!

I went for the Mulled Pear and Spices candle, I started burning it today and it smells so good! I prefer the more spicy to sweet scents, you can keep them burning for longer without the smell getting overwhelming. Elliot Rose is their own brand too, I'm impressed. 

For lunch we went to Lavender Tea Rooms, they have great ratings on trip advisor. I wish I had taken pictures of the decor because it was so quirky and unique! The only downside was they were playing love ballads the entire time we were there! Not in the mood for them right now! As you can see I had the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, so so yummy.

Hello duckies! 

Hope you enjoyed my little Bakewell post! You can visit Elliot Rose online here where some of there products are available to order. I will definitely be making a trip there again soon!

Have any of you ever visited Bakewell? If so what is your favourite place there?



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig