A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 14 June 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review



I have heard a lot of positive reviews about this foundation. Everyone claims it does what the bottle says and wakes up your skin, leaving a lovely, dewy finish. However I have to say me and this product do not get on. I must mention I have oily skin already, and I generally do not go for dewy products as this makes my skin much worse! But I wanted to try one again just to see if it was worth the hype...

As for the feel of the foundation and how it goes on, I can't fault that. It feels lovely and light and does not dry my skin out at all. It blends in flawlessly and provides a medium coverage. All seems to be well at first. I set the foundation with my MAC blot powder (which prevents any oily breakouts with my skin).

The picture above was taken when I had just applied my makeup. However, after 40 minutes I look completely different and I need to reapply powder. My face has become nearly reflective it's so shiny! God knows what it would look like without the powder?! Also this foundation will not withstand any contact with water, when I got rained on my face was so streaked, which does not happen with my trusty Revlon Colorstay (which also leaves my face nice and matte all day).

I think my main issue is with this foundation that my skin constantly looks dewy, and this product just takes that to the extreme and makes me look like an oily mess! At the moment I'm just using this product when I'm not doing much during the day and my makeup doesn't need to last long. If you want a long lasting foundation, I wouldn't reccomend this, it is not a great base for my blusher either, which doesn't tend to last long with this product. However if your skin is dry and doesn't tend to get oily, you may get on with this product much better than I have, and I would definitely give it a try as it does feel lovely on the skin.

Shade wise, I purchased 103 which is True Ivory, which is meant to be a pale shade however I still think it's a little dark and orangey for my skin. It is definitely an affordable foundation, priced at £8.99 in Boots.


Have you tried this foundation? Anyone else have the same problem as me?! 

NB: This post was scheduled before I went to America. I will currently be sunning it up and won't be back until mid September, so I apologise for any late replies to comments etc! I will get back to you when I can! x
Share:

3 comments

  1. thats a shame it didn't work out for you! I haven't tried it yet but I have really dry skin so the dewy finish would be good for me. would love if you could check out my blog :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me this product was one of my go to foundations for a while, but my friend had the same problem as you, it didn't work for her at all. I generally have quite dry skin and my friend has fairly oily skin, perhaps it has to do with oily skin.
    xx
    www.maddybffae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again I must see amazing artilce My dream to meet you mam I am a fan of your blog please visit on my blog http://www.guruofmovie.com and tell me what correction i need to do

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig