A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Sunday 12 March 2017

I went skiing!

les deux alpes
Two weeks ago I was in the snowy Les Deux Aples resort in the French Alps giving skiing a go for the first time, eating vast amounts of cheese and drinking copious amounts of wine with great company.. Take me back..

Skiing has always been something I've wanted to try, and has been on my Bucket List for some time now. So when I was given the opportunity to join a group of friends I jumped at the chance. I thought I'd do a post including some of the photos I took and write up a few of my thoughts on the trip. I always find it nice to look back on these sort of posts, personally. Unfortunately some of the pictures aren't great quality, that's because I only took my phone up the mountains with me; didn't want to risk breaking my camera incase I fell over (and I did fall over a lot!).

jet 2 flight
Flying out super early! It was a long journey there, I had a 3 hour train journey to Manchester, then stayed overnight at Manchester as we had to check in at 5am, the flight itself was pretty short, but we then had a 3 hour transfer from the airport to Les Deux Alpes (the resort) but this was delayed by over 2 hours so all in all a long time travelling just to get to France!

french alpes mountains
First view of the mountains on the way to the resort.

french alpes view

french alps snow caps

les deux alpes
Our view from the chalet, it was surprisingly warm when we arrived, we were worried the snow would have melted as it hadn't snowed in a while!

perce de niege
Mine and Ian's room, it was really cute and cosy.

les deux alpes

les deux alpes

les deux alpes ski lessons

snapchat les deux alpes
Beautiful weather on our first day of skiing, we were sat outside without our coats on it was that warm! 

les deux alpes view
A view from one of the runs, this took my breath away. (I was also terrified of accidentally skiing off the edge!)

les deux alpes food and drink
I bought these sunglasses of Amazon for £10.99, more for practical reasons than fashionable, but I absolutely loved them! They are so sturdy as well and came in a great case, I shoved them in my pocket every day and they didn't scratch once. Really impressed for the price.

whiteout les deux alpes
The day we got caught in a whiteout, I found out how scary skiing is with so little visibility!

snow les deux alpes
But afterwards it looked incredible and is was so cosy being all snug in the cabin.

cosy bar les deux alpes

fire bar les deux alpes

chalet perce neige hot tub
We had a hot tub too which was lovely, by the end of the week my legs were in tatters so this was blissful!

I knew skiing would be hard but I did find it much more scary than I thought I would! But I can see why people love it too, because its the fear that gives you the thrill! I did experience a thrill when I got to the bottom and realised I was still in one piece.. I loved being somewhere where there was so much snow, and it was so cosy being in our chalet. We had chalet workers who cooked breakfast and a three-course dinner for us most days, and they even did a cake every afternoon! Then there were bars in the resort that we headed to a few nights, but it was a bit of a trek back as taxis didn't seem to exist, walking across a ski slope late at night, drunk, is a bit of an experience! I would 100% go again though, I felt like I was just getting into skiing on our last couple of days, so I'm hoping I'll feel a lot more confident next time.

Also if anyone is wondering, we booked everything through a company called Inghams (there were 12 of us) they were great overall and I'd use them again.

Let me know if you've ever been skiing and what your thoughts were!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Ahh your week sounds blissful! So, so jealous! I can't wait to get my skis back on <3 I grew up spending weeks in the french alps (I learned to ski when I was knee high - maybe five years old) and inghams chalets were always good - the cake in the afternoon was always a highlight! And meeting all the others was always so entertaining! Xxx

    Loved this! So glad you had a good week :)

    Anne // www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really! I wish I'd been when I was younger, I think it's definitely better to learn young before you get that fear! Yes loved the cake!

      Thank you and thanks for commenting :) x

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig