A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 18 March 2017

Dior Diorskin Forever Foundation and Primer Review

Diorskin forever foundation
I recently purchased Dior's Diorskin Forever Foundation and their Diorskin Forever Primer Base along with it (what a mouthful!). I'd been wanting to try a new high end foundation for a while as I know what drugstore ones I like but I've never really found a firm favourite in terms of luxury brands. I'd heard multiple bloggers express there love for Dior Forever so I thought I'd give it a go.

dior forever range
Firstly, the counter assistant matched me up perfectly! She used one of those colour match machines a lot of brands use these days, which got my shade (020 Light Beige) spot on, I hate it when you get home and realise the shade isn't quite right.

dior forever skin foundation review
Forever foundation is medium-full coverage I would say, but it definitely lasts all day. It has a peach undertone which I love as because I'm quite pale in the winter some foundations can look a bit grey almost when applied, but this one really brightens up my skin, and the feel of it is amazing, its very liquid and feels like satin, as in it feels light but gives a good coverage still. It doesn't dry out my skin at all like some heavy foundations tend to do.

I should also mention I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone, so I tend to steer well clear of anything labelled as "dewy" but I feel this foundation does give my skin a healthy, almost dewy look but without making me look like a disco ball! Another plus is its SPF 35 which is the highest I've come across in a foundation, so I'll definitely be reaching for this on sunny days.

deerskin forever primer
I did pick up the Forever Primer Base too though as the assistant recommended it when I explained my skin type. I have definitely noticed a difference when using it, it seems to glide on a lot easier (it puts my Benefit Porefessional Primer to shame!) and I also find my skin staying matte a lot longer throughout the day, so I'm not constantly reaching for my powder. I try not to use the Forever Primer every day though as to replace them both regularly would be pricey!

dior forever foundation primer review
 The downside to this foundation for me would be the price (£33) so I'm using it sparingly, but on the plus side you don't need to apply much for a good coverage. Also it does have SPF and I have noticed in photos with the flash on it does tend to have a pretty bad flashback and I end up looking very white! I love the packaging too, it's in a sturdy bottle and the pump is good and doesn't dispense too much at a time so there is no wastage.

What's your favourite high end foundation? 
I would love to hear your recommendations.



Share:

1 comment

  1. This foundation sounds really good and looks natural - I've never tried a Dior foundation so I might give this a try x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig