A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Sunday 5 February 2017

Iconic London Cream Contour Palette Review

iconic contour palette review
I'll start this post by confessing I'm a newbie in the cream contour world. I've always thought contouring looks a bit scary and I don't like the thought of looking like I'm wearing a mask so it never really appealed to me. However I have to say I think the Iconic London Cream Contour Palette has converted me.

iconic london contour palette
What I love about the palette is its consistency, it glides on so easily and its super easy to blend in. This is great because you can build the product up and you can go as natural or as bold as you want with your contouring. I used the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush to apply, with the Detailer Brush down the sides of my nose, and the Contour Brush to blend (I found this worked great!)

iconic london contour shades
Excuse my messy palette, I have used it a couple of times and couldn't get it clean! Its great that it tells you how to use each shade, from left to right: 'smooth & brighten, correct & perfect, highlight & lift, tighten & tone, shape & shade and sculpt & define.' You could probably get away with using this product without even applying your foundation before, it's that easy to blend.

iconic london contour palette review
I tend to apply the product quite naturally: I use highlight & lift under my eyes, I then apply sculpt & define in a harsh line on my cheekbones and buff it out with the shape & shade lighter tone. I then use tighten & tone on my forehead and also down my nose to attempt to contour that! Smooth & brighten is great for applying down your t-zone and to blend in any parts that you may have overdone contouring on.

iconic london palette
This isn't a product I reach for on a daily basis as it does add time onto my routine, however I use it when I'm going out somewhere a bit nicer than work! The only thing I dislike about the palette is it makes my skin very dewy, and as I already have oily skin, this is not a great combination! I definitely have to reach for my powder more often once I've applied this product. However if you have normal or dry skin I don't think you'd have an issue with this and it does give a lovely glow.

iconic london cream contour
I think for £32.99 you get a good quality product for your money. There are a lot more expensive contour palettes on the market and this is a great one to start practicing your contour skills with. I'm definitely looking forward to using this product more and improving my contour game!

What contouring product do you use? I'd love to hear any recommendations!

Share:

1 comment

  1. I've never tried a cream contour before, I always use powdered ones! This looks really good on you so I might have to give it a go x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig