A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Green Juice Explosion Post

Green juice recipe
Have you ever tried to create a post and it's just gone horribly wrong? I've had a couple gone wrong but this was by far the worst! I recently wrote a post about how to make a nice green juice which I wanted to expand on. I always suffer from low iron levels and I find it difficult to eat the amount of greens I need in my diet daily so juicing is a great way of doing this!

I lay out all of my ingredients nice and organised here and I was ready to go. Ingredients used (I don't measure):
Half a bag of kale
Half a bag of spinach
Half a head of broccoli
Two kiwis
A spoon of Xenca Five a Day+ (which I mix in after).

I use the Philips HR1R1863/01 juicer which my aunty bought my dad but he never uses! We've already had one break on us and I follow the instructions exactly but this one sometimes seems to get really loud and sound like it's going to explode! I've read reviews on it though and they're all really positive so maybe it's just me because the last one did this too?! I think they're possessed!

green juice recipe
But anyway I started to put in the ingredients, it would take about 4/5 attempts to do all this. The first 3 were fine but once I'd added my last bit of kale, that's when the noise like a jet plane was taking off in my kitchen started! I had one hand holding the top down and one hand poised on the switch ready to turn it off as usual as it scares me so much! I quickly turned it off when this horrific noise started but not before the entire top flew off! 

Here's my stressed out snapchat! I didn't get chance to juice the kiwis so had to kind of squeeze them in and then the whole thing tasted awful because it didn't have the sweetness of the kiwis! If you're making a green juice I always recommend adding something sweet like apples or kiwis so it tastes nice otherwise it will be bitter! Anyway needless to say my dad was fuming and we spent an hour clearing up! In the future I've said he can do the juicing and I'll just wash up because it scares me too much!

I know this has been a pretty random/hinging on useful post, but I thought I'd share it as it was quite amusing and our blog posts don't always go to plan to they?! Needless to say I didn't photograph the final result!

Have you guys ever had a blog post gone horrifically wrong?
Share:

6 comments

  1. LOL don't you just hate when you're making something and you're excited about it and then you ruin it? It is the worst!
    Better luck next time haha :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent the last 5 minutes laughing...hey look at it this way you are in good company. That same mess has happened to all of us!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes although juicing is good for you it just makes so much mess!! xx

      Delete
  3. That snapchat made me laugh, that can't have been fun to clean up! ;) Nevertheless, this looks so delicious and refreshing, it's a pity that it didn't work out for you but there's always next time, right?! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no it wasn't! That one didn't taste too good if I'm honest but the successful one I made last night was really good! xx

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig