A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Saturday 29 November 2014

Blogger Secret Santa Meet Up 2014

blogger secret santa 2014

the blogger programme goody bag
Two weeks ago today I attended the Blogger Secret Santa 2014 Meet Up in Nottingham, ran by the Lovely Hannah King and Emma Dean! We all met up at Ned Ludd and had four different brands come to speak to us about their products. We also all received this amazing goody bag from The Blogger Programme! And of course we each exchanged our Secret Santa presents and I was very happy with mine! :) I apologise for the quality of some of these photos, I had a camera malfunction on the day so photographed most of the products when I got home!

being becca tag
How cute are these tags that Hannah and Emma made?! I framed mine!

the blogger programme goodies
This is what I received from the Blogger Programme Goody Bag!

dream dots
Superdrug Superfruits Clay Mask, Dream Dots and Faith in Nature Shower Gel. Can't wait to try the Dream Dots!

hair burst
Hairburst hair growth tablets and Perfectil skin, hair and nail tablets (although I don't think I want my hair to grow anymore!)

nail varnish
Leighton Denny, Beauty UK Posh Polish and Flashmob nail varnish. I've only ever heard of Leighton Denny out of these brands.

makeup revolution palette
Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette, Flashmob glitter, W7 Perfect Eyes and Playboy lipstick. I have to say I can't see myself using any of these! The baby pink lipstick is not my colour at all and I'll probably save the Makeup Revolution Palette for fancy dress makeup! The glitter might come in handy one day?!

NKD SKN instant tan dark
Vita Liberata NKD SKN Instant Tan in Dark. I'm excited to try this as I used their Overnight tan in medium and that was a bit light for me so I'm hoping this will suit me better! (Read my review of the tan here).

makeup revolution primer
Makeup Revolution Primer and Nanshy Eyeliner Brush. I think there was only meant to be one primer in the bag! I'm looking forward to trying these, the brush should definitely come in handy!

crabtree and evelyn cracker
The bag also included a Lemon Meringue sample from The Treat Kitchen and a Crabtree and Evelyn cracker which I am yet to pull!

your tea tiny tea
Your Tea Tiny Tea, a 14 Day Detox (I do love trying teas!)

face the future
A Facethefuture goody bag, I'm excited to try out some of these samples! I've never used this brand before.
These samples are from the brands that came to speak to us.


hello breath spray grapefruit mint
The hello breath sprays are made by the same company that makes eos balms, which instantly got me excited about this product! The idea is it's meant to look nice and able to fit in your bag easily, but also do the job it's designed for: freshening your breath! This flavour is Pink Grapefruit Mint, yum!

UK friendly guy

the ultimate fix
I can't remember the lovely man's name that spoke to us about hello and The Ultimate Fix, but he referred to himself as "The UK Friendly Guy" So UK Friendly guy also gave us a sample of The Ultimate Fix, which is a product that you spray on your nails after painting each coat which is designed to dry them from the bottom up. The good thing about it is that it doesn't have much of a scent!

merumaya samples

merumaya PR
The lovely Lekha from Merumaya then spoke to use about the Merumaya range of skincare. We got to test out most of the range, and it all looked/felt/smelled amazing! I can't wait to try these samples and I think I'll be adding a few products (definitely the serum) to my ever expanding wish list!

suzie xenca

five a day+ xenca
Xenca Five a Day+ was probably the product I was most excited about! It's basically a supplement in the form of a powder that supposed to help the body get what it needs during a typical day. The lovely Suzie explained all the science behind it and I was fascinated! I have been taking one teaspoon a day as recommended with water every day and I will update you with the results soon! She also spoke to us about a collagen supplement which sounded just as good, and both are reasonably priced.

lush PR

lush bath bomb making

lush fresh hair

lush cinders
Lush also dropped by to show us some of their Christmas range. Needless to say I wanted everything! We also got to make our own bath bombs which was so much fun! The one I made was called "Cinders". The Lush team were all so friendly and nice and even came round and gave us arm and hand massages using the massage bars!

secret santa
Here I am weighed down with all my bags after a great day!

You will probably see some more in depth reviews of some of these products over the coming months, as I am currently in the process of trialling them still! :) Also it was so lovely meeting all of you who went to the meet up! Thanks again to Hannah and Emma :) xx
Share:

12 comments

  1. The meet up sounds like so much fun! Looks like you got some lovely bits in the goody bag, I have been wanting to try them Dream Dots - wonder if they are any good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was so good! I've heard they are good too but I still need to try them :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow that's some goody bag! What a fun event.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just passed by to tell you I have nominated you to the Liebster Award! I don't know if you have done it already, you probably have, but I thought it'd be nice to nominate you anyway :) You can find the post and the questions on my blog The Caramel Cat, feel free to do it (or not) anytime! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks Teresa! :) I've already done it but will definitely have a read of yours! xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had fun and got some cool things! Great post!
    ~Sophia
    Plaid Is My Favourite Colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks like such a good event! The goody bag is also AMAZING! Such a lovely Christmas event xxx

    Rhiannon Talks - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this looks like this was so much fun! very jealous of your goodies!

    alexandrakaty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig