A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 12 November 2014

How to Make Your Bedroom Festive on a Budget

This may be slightly early.. (42 days and counting!) However there's nothing wrong with making your bedroom a little festive and cosy around this time! I am personally on a strict budget at the moment, I've not long been back from America and only been in my new job a month so my pockets are rather tight at the moment! So I just wanted to show those of you in the same position how you can make your room or house look festive when you're on a budget. And I promise this post is not sponsored!

 I'm aware that some of these cushions don't quite fit the theme! But I haven't got room to store these cushions if I get a whole new set! ASDA has some amazing Christmas homeware at the moment and it is all at a great price! There were so many different duvet covers I liked. But it was sensible to just have the one! I'm not sure where the throw is from as my parents bought it a while back, but you can find some great ones at bargain prices from B&M! I think this throw goes lovely with this bedding as it breaks up the intensity of it and makes it blend better with the rest of my room.

Duvet Cover: ASDA, from £10
Bambi Cushion: ASDA, £7


A great way to make your room feel more cosy and Christmassy is of course candles! This top one I bought from an apothecary in Bakewell called Elliot Rose which you can read about here (if you're ever in Bakewell I highly recommend visiting). I love the smell of this candle so much, it's not too intense and it the scent really reminds me of winter. The Faerie Wishes & Kisses one I bought from again, another independent little shop. However I believe these are available in a lot of places! The third candle is a Green Tea scented one (amazing smell!) which I bought from Clintons. All of these candles were less than £10 each and I don't burn them constantly so they last me a while!

I've had this Tatty Teddy a while now and he always comes out at Christmas! He's super cute and makes my room look a little more Christmassy. I believe the small ones are around £7.99.

I haven't quite found a spot for this little guy yet! But I will be putting a little tree up in my room nearer to Christmas so he will probably hang on there! How cute is he though?! And I love a good pun! He was £3.50 from Next, bargain!


Fairy lights!! I bought these in September and I intend to leave them up all year because they make my room look so much cosier and I much prefer them to having the full lights on. These were from Ikea and I absolutely love them. I don't remember how much these cost but I think they were around £12!

How do you intend to decorate your room for Christmas?
Share:

6 comments

  1. This is really great festive decor. The room looks so cozy!

    TRENDGALORE
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deer pillow is the cutest thing!��

    Kayleigh// SBW-D.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I have little fairy lights around the frame of mine!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig