A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Sunday 30 March 2014

Yacon Syrup Review*


I am the first to admit that I have a major sweet tooth, and I often crave sugary cereal in the morning (not good!) But to try and tackle this problem I often invest in natural syrups and sweeteners to add to my muesli, to give it that sweet tasting kick without actually consuming sugar!

I was recently sent Pure Yacon Syrup to try out. Syrup probably doesn't sound very exciting, but I was actually really looking forward to trying it!
The claim:
  • Pure yacon syrup assists in weight loss and slimming waist sizes, regulating blood sugar, and increasing daily fiber intake
  • The syrup, distilled from the Peruvian tuber yacon -- contains up to 50 percent fructooligosacharides, or FOS. FOS, classified as a prebiotic, is a non-caloric sweetener and also a fiber source.
  • According to a 2009 Scientific study, daily intake of yacon syrup produced a significant decrease in body weight, waist circumference and body mass index.
  • Yacon syrup Speeds up the metabolism to combat excess fat and regulates the hunger hormone, making you feel full longer.
  • Low-Glycemic Sweetener


I didn't realise at first that this product is meant to aid weight loss too! I haven't kept track of my weight during the last couple of months so I can't comment on this, but even using this product instead of sugar should help you lose weight as it is a healthy alternative. It will also stop you getting the dreaded sugar crash and should help maintain blood sugar levels. I always tend to lean towards products that speed up your metabolism too, which this product claims to do! But after reading through the reviews it does seem that it helps aid weight loss. (Remember there is no miracle cure! Use this product alongside healthy eating for best results). 

In terms of how I use it, I like to pour some over my cereal in the morning, or it's nice with greek yoghurt too. It looks like chocolate sauce which is a bonus! I would also use this product when baking instead of syrup or honey. Here is a recipe for super easy healthy brownies that Yacon syrup would work well in. I've also seen that people like to add it to their coffee instead of sugar!

Taste wise, it's really yummy! It just tastes like ordinary syrup to be honest, in fact I'm so surprised that it's all natural because it tastes so good. The only think I dislike about this product is the bottle, it just tends to get a bit messy when pouring it out! I'd prefer a squeezy bottle but this may not be possible because of the consistency. Also this product is a bit pricey at $26.99, as much as I love it I don't think I could justify spending that much (but I am a poor student)!

I don't think this product is available to buy in the UK yet, however for you American readers, it's available here on Amazon.
Share:

5 comments

  1. This syrup seems good. I usually use honey, I'm addicted to it :)
    Michelaxx

    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea to have it on muesli! What do you use to add text in the little bubble onto photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I'm a muesli addict! I just use www.picmonkey.com and drag the text into the bubble :) xx

      Delete
    2. I love muesli too, but I think I'm more of a granola addict! Ahh thank you! I've always wondered how people make pictures like that haha! xxx

      Delete
  3. Pure Yacon Syrup is 100% natural and additive free. It has many benefits which includes low calories, low glycemic index, weight loss properties, provides body with inulin etc.
    Organic yacon syrup

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig