A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Sunday 20 April 2014

Curls Without the Heat

The only way I can get all my hair in the picture is by standing up, and no I am not wearing extensions!
So this month I have not posted as much as I would have liked! And this is not for lack of inspiration, I have so many posts I want to write, however my work is really on top of me at the moment and I'm working so much too :( Along with preparing to go to America for 3 months in 5 weeks! Scary!! So I'm just blogging when I get the chance!

Over a year ago now I purchased some bendy hair rollers from Poundland I think? I know they were super cheap wherever they were from! I never really used them though, until now. I was feeling a bit creative so I popped some in before bed, just by simply winding my hair round them like normal rollers and securing them. The plus side is they are pretty comfy to sleep in! I sleep on my side and they were fine. 

When I woke up I simply unrolled them and combed my hair through with my fingers and gave them a good hair spray and voila! Super easy wavy hair without the heat! I really like this method for me, because I always find it really hard to curl my hair now as it's so long, it just tends to fall out after an hour. This way my hair has a lot of volume and they stay in all day! The only thing I would suggest is this might work better on day old hair, as freshly washed hair might not hold as well if yours is long and slips out like mine!

I really think this look gives great, messy beach-type waves. Perfect for summer! I haven't gone into too much detail in this post, but if anyone would like me to I can do a full tutorial :).

Have any of you ever used bendy rollers?


Share:

3 comments

  1. The locks look great - I'd love to see a tutorial of how exactly you do it :)
    Also the make up is beautiful! :)
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    www.annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks fantastic! America sounds exciting!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I love bendy rollers. U have inspired me to get a new pack! haha. A mummy never has time to stand for ages with a hot curler. thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig