A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Friday 5 June 2015

Meet My Puppy!

springador puppy
So in my last post I mentioned that something exciting happened last weekend.. And that exciting thing was Theo! Theo is a 9 week old Springador (Labrador x Springer Spaniel). I bought him off a breeder and I went to visit him when he was 6 weeks and picked him up when he was 8 weeks! I knew he was the one for me because the breeder said he was the shy one but he loved me and kept licking me! When I went back I couldn't believe how much he'd grown, I swear he's doubled in size now since I first saw him! 

springador
Ever since I was little I wanted a dog but my parents would never let me, and obviously it wouldn't have been sensible to have one since I went to uni, but the last few months dad just sort of came round to the idea and after mum passed away I think we all agreed that we needed some happiness and life injected back into the house, and that came in the form of Theo! Even though my dad did go on about not wanting a dog, he absolutely adores Theo and even my brother likes him and is spending time in the garden with him, which is amazing because he normally locks himself in his bedroom with his games!

8 week old springador

labrador cross
Theo tends to go through phases of being absolutely crazy (usually after a meal) when he bites a lot so I usually have to shove a toy in his mouth! Then he will burn himself out and crash and sleep by our feet for a couple of hours! He's so cute though and always gets up all excited when I get in from work then follows me wherever I go! He's already house trained and hasn't pooped in the house yet! For the first few days we just took him out every couple of hours and said "do your business" and now he knows what that means. 

hyper springador

springer spaniel cross

springador puppies
The weather has been lovely the last couple of days so we have enjoyed playing and relaxing on the garden together! Although he does get a bit over excited and pulls up any grass and plants he can find! He loves chewing on rocks too which is kinda strange, I worry about his teeth!

labrading
 This was what happened when I shouted "Theo come!" 
hyper puppy
Looks like dumbo doesn't he..

springador dog

springador puppy playing
He loves biting my clothes.. Especially my work fleece he loves the zipper on that! And he always gives me these puppy dog eyes when I'm telling him no, but he doesn't care that much because his tail is still wagging! He bites a lot but today he seemed to be doing it less, so maybe the telling off is finally working! Those baby teeth are like piranha teeth!

springador Those puppy dog eyes!!

cute puppies
In the background there is his crate, which he absolutely hates. I've tried to make it a fun place by giving him treats in there, giving him his meals in there and filling it with toys.. but no he still howls like crazy if I shut him in! The first night was horrendous, I slept downstairs with him but he woke me up every night crying! So after that we have had to take it in turns sleeping downstairs with him but leaving him out of the cage.. And he's actually been fine and just been waking up about 6.30/7 for the toilet. But we are nervous about leaving him alone incase he wrecks the living room!

springador

I've also made a little vlog so you can see him in action! The lighting is absolutely terrible but it was a spur of the moment thing that I quickly put together. I can look back and remember how small he was!
Here's the link to my channel if you want to subscribe, I've filmed a couple of makeup tutorials I might upload soon!

I've enjoyed writing my first proper post back now I'm feeling like blogging again.. I have a few ideas about what to write about, obviously I have my hands a bit full with Theo at the moment, but my usual routine should be back on track soon I hope! :)

What pets do you guys have? :)
Share:

8 comments

  1. Such a lovely puppy! I hope Theo brings you some happiness, he looks absolutely adorable!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's lovely but he's a handful :P x

      Delete
  2. OMG he is so beautiful! We recently got a boston terrier and he is the most loving beautiful little thing ever. Dogs bring so much joy!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww bless! Theo is so cute but he's a little devil when he wants to be!! I wouldn't change him though :)

      Delete
  3. Omg, he is so cute!! I want a dog so bad.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig