A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Post Holiday Blues


It's that time of year again. Summer has made a brief appearance and come and gone in the blink of an eye. Many of us have enjoyed holidays and festivals and now it seems we've seen the end of those long, sunny days and the cold seems to be creeping in again. We are sadly putting away our beloved summer dresses and reaching for the thermals instead, covering up what tans we may have built up over the summer. It can be a sad time!
I had both my holidays late this year, and when I was in Tenerife last week and all my friends were telling me how cold it was, as I got to the airport I stood and soaked up the last few rays of balmy, hot sunshine that I'd probably see for at least another 8 months. Goodbye sun! :(
If you're English like me then you may have the same outlook as I do. I always love autumn and winter up until Christmas. I love how cosy it is near Christmas, when you can snuggle up with a blanket, a cuppa and a book safe from the cold outside. I love buying new gloves and scarfs and then buying everyone's Christmas presents. However as soon as the festive season is over it seems like its just a long, painfully cold wait until summer, a summer which isn't even guaranteed here in England and can be pretty cold and wet!
I think it's important during the colder months to set yourself some goals and maybe arrange some things to look forward to so you don't miss the summer too much. Here's what I'm going to focus on:

♥ Going Back to University

For me September is both a sad and exciting month, as being at uni means I've been able to come home for summer and spend it with my family and home friends which I love, so going back to uni and facing all the work load can be a bit daunting, however I have freshers week to look forward to and I get to see all my uni fiends again and I also feel like I have a great deal of independence when living away from home.

♥ Organising My Life

This autumn is going to be the start of me being majorly organised! I'm going into my third year which means I need to stay on top of my workload, and this starts now! I also want to carry on writing regular blog posts, going to the gym and work a decent amount of overtime at work too! Oh and try as visit my boyfriend in Oxford when I can! Time management will be crucial to fit all this in haha.
I have an amazing gym in Sheffield and I can't wait to join it again!! I've been really unhealthy these last 3 weeks being on holiday so I'm excited to get in shape and start challenging myself again and setting myself new goals!

♥ New Wardrobe

I can't wait to buy some new winter clothes, I really need some new shoes, some cute little ankle boots I'm thinking and maybe some brogues or something. I also want a new coat as I didn't get one last year and some nice knits!

♥ Halloween

I love Halloween! Mainly because you get to dress up and I usually decorate my uni flat. It's also a good excuse to bake!

♥ Christmas!! 

I think I love the build up to Christmas more than Christmas itself! We did a secret Santa last year which was really fun, I love getting all festive and decorating, buying gifts and putting my Michael Bublé album on, and of course I then get to go home and see my friends and family! My birthday is on New Year's Eve too and this year I'm the big 21!! How scary!? So I have a party to plan for that.

Here are some of my best memories made this summer :)



What are you looking forward to this autumn/winter? Do you have anything special planned to fight the blues?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig