A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Monday 2 January 2017

50 Books to Read in 2017

The Boy who Lived
First of all Happy New Year! I hope you had a great Christmas and the January blues don't hit you too hard. Personally I'm sat here just having taken down the decs, deadlines looming, feeling a few pounds heavier and facing the prospect of my first 6am get up in over a week tomorrow.. So writing a blog post was just the pick me up I needed!

I've always been a bookworm, I'm never more content then when I'm snuggled up with a cuppa and a good book in hand. These last few months I've managed to get a good amount of reading done as I commute to work on the train daily. So in 2017 I really want to take advantage of this!

I'm not sure exactly how many books I read in 2016, but I think it was somewhere between the 30-40 range, which was pretty good for me! This year I've pledged 50, which I'm aware is quite high.. But I'm going to set the bar high in order to check off as many of these books as I can! 

I'm using Goodreads to track my progress. I've compiled a list of 50 from some books I've wanted to read for a while, mixed in with recommendations from friends. The list is a mixture of genres, and I've tried to group similar genres together on the list. I like a wide range of books myself, but I'm definitely trying to read more thrillers this year. There's everything from thrillers, romance to classics on here! I'll probably buy/borrow them as I go along. And as for order I'm not following this order, I'm going to mix them up depending on my mood, where I am etc. 
50 books to read in 2017
Please let me know if you have any to add to the list!

1. Cracked (Cracked Book 1) - Barbra Leslie
2. Rehab Run (Cracked Book 2) - Barbra Leslie
3. Abducted (Lizzy Gardner Series, Book 1) - Barbra Leslie
4. Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner Series, Book 2) - Barbra Leslie
5. A Dark Mind (Lizzy Gardner Series, Book 3) - Barbra Leslie
6. Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner Series, Book 4) - Barbra Leslie
7. Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner Series, Book 5) - Barbra Leslie
8. Evil Never Dies (Lizzy Gardner Series, Book 6) - Barbra Leslie
9. The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike) - Robert Galbraith
10. The Silkworm: 2 (Cormoran Strike) - Robert Galbraith
11. Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike) - Robert Galbraith
12. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
13. Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis: The Vampire Chronicles Book 12 - Anne Rice
14. Behind Closed Doors - B A Paris
15. I Let You Go - Clare Mackintosh
16. Before I Go To Sleep - S J Watson
17. The Sea Sisters - Lucy Clarke
18. Secrets of the Tides - Hannah Richell
19. The Other Me - Saskia Sarginson
20. The Samaritan - Mason Cross
21. Our Endless Numbered Days - Claire Fuller
22. The Shack - Wm Paul Young
23. Suddenly Last Summer - Sarah Morgan
24. Maybe This Christmas - Sarah Morgan
25. Billy and Me - Giovanna Fletcher
26. Always With Love - Giovanna Fletcher
27. The One We Fell in Love With - Paige Toon
28. The Accidental Husband - Jane Green
29. Falling - Julie Cohen
31. Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding
32. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Helen Fielding
33. Me Before You - Jojo Moyes
34. Holding Up the Universe - Jennifer Niven
35. Beautiful Broken Things - Sara Barnard
36. The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson
37. The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
38. The Infernal Devices 2 : Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
39. The Infernal Devices 3: Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare
40. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
41. A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2 ) George R. R. Martin
42. A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3) George R. R. Martin
43. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
44. Death Comes to Pemberley - P. D. James
45. Cover Her Face - P. D. James
46. Lord of the Flies - William Golding
47. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
48. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
49. The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
50. The Book of Joy - Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu


Do you have any recommendations that I haven't listed?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig