A beauty, health and lifestyle blog.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray Review

Hey Lovelies! 
I have been meaning to write this review for a while now. I purchased Urban Decay's De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray about a year ago now, they had an offer on the XL one so I had to snap it up! I should mention they have since changed the packaging! 


Here's my product:




 Here's the updated version:

As far as I know the ingredients are the same :). 

Urban Decay claims that the spray helps to prevent makeup meltdown, and keeps skin looking matte whilst preventing your makeup from smudging, sliding or fading. I have also tried a travel sample of the all-nighter spray, which claims to last up to 16 hours. The reason why I purchased this one instead of the all-nighter was because in reality I didn't ever think I would need my makeup to last 16 hours! And this one has the added oil control benefit. However although I do think this product does help keep my makeup looking fresh for longer than usual, I think the all-nighter actually works better! These products are definitely an alternative to using hairspray on your face too, which is not good for your skin at all! That could definitely cause pore blockages and breakouts! I definitely recommend this product for long working days or nights out when you want your makeup to last a while, and it does feel very refreshing to spritz on your face! I do think I prefer the all-nighter spray, however both products are good, but the all-nighter just tends to keep my face looking more matte and I don't have to powder as often wearing these products, so if you're skin is quite oily like mine, these will probably help you! The de-slick makeup setting spray is available at House of Fraser here and the all-nighter makeup setting spray is available here. I think these are good value for money at £19.50, you only need a couple of sprays so the product lasts ages! 

Have you ever used any makeup setting sprays? What do you do to keep your makeup in place? Let me know :)
Share:

4 comments

  1. I've been looking into buying this for agess! I have such a bad habit of using hairspray - soo not good!! haha I think I'll definitely have to invest :) Aimée

    dress-it-up-6.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! Definitely worth the pennies :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I think this breaks me out :( Is there anything I could be doing wrong that could cause this? I use it before and after my makeup, which consists of Maybelline FitMe foundation and the matching concealer, Lorac POREfection perfecting powder, usually a Josie Maran, tarte, or NARS blush, and a Too Faced or Josie Maran bronzer. I only have bad skin when I use this with those products, not when I use them themselves. Am I using too much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy :) Well the product says that you should use it before and after applying makeup, as you have, so it could just be that you are allergic to one of the ingredients used :( I know a lot of people are allergic to completely random makeup products, and it's probably just because of one ingredient used. I would stop using it for a while and see if your skin gets better, if it does it is probably that and you may have to find an alternative product! You might be able to get away with just applying it on top of your makeup as it wouldn't be touching your skin directly, but you may have to stop applying it before makeup. Hope this helps! xx

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts! :) x

© Being Becca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig